SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL: that explains why my NPC are on the hillside and not in the castle itself as I wanted. I kept tightening the range figuring they were wandering away to chase soldiers or zombies. Whats dumb is that I knew that because I have a larger area designated for patrols around the area and I have that centered on zub .. ahlzeimers sets in early I guess.

@bloodbag problem:.
Nope, never touched it. straight copy and paste and I had only compared to the dayz medic file. I will look at the underscores when I get home.
Thank you.

I've only played at night time in the server, but I only see Heli's flying around. I haven't seen any on foot. I've increased the numbers in places and the probability to 100. Idea's on the problem?
In SAR_config.sqf, enable all the debug options. You will be able to see the units waypoints on the map.

If you set them all to BANDIT and then wander around by those waypoints, they will find you for sure.

I'm sorry if this were asked before (doesn't really want to read 59 Pages). How do i remove Heli patrols? They really annoys us.

I'm sorry if this were asked before (doesn't really want to read 59 Pages). How do i remove Heli patrols? They really annoys us.
I'm pretty certain that's in the readme file. Just look for the file that request heli patrols, and remove them I'd assume.

Reactions: Fox
I'm pretty certain that's in the readme file. Just look for the file that request heli patrols, and remove them I'd assume.

I looked through the readme now, found this: -

Code:
- The format for heli patrols has changed to:

[SAR_marker_DEBUG1,1,false] call SAR_AI_heli;
But for the hell i cant find the file. Can anyone help me? Sorry coded the half of the day so maybe i just oversee it.

Hi Sarge !

My rpt.log says this :

Error in expression < "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {
_object_positio>
21:09:32 Error position: <Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {
_object_positio>
21:09:32 Error Missing ]
21:09:32 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_objectUpdate.sqf, line 16
21:09:32 Error in expression < "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {
_object_positio>
_object_positio>
21:09:32 Client: Object 3:87 (type Type_70) not found.
21:11:02 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type: Soldier_Crew_PMC Side: GUER Group Side: "
21:11:02 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI attacker - Type: TK_INS_Soldier_EP1 Name: Rincewind Side: EAST Group Side: EAST"
21:11:23 "DEBUG FPS: 49.6894"
21:11:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type:

Hi
I have a problem with bandits spawning on knin island on taviana. I have removed the below line from the SAR_cfg_grps_tavi.sqf (even though it is not actually asking for bandits!)

// KNIN, 0 bandit groups, 2 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,2,1],[0,75,100],[0,4,3]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

any help would be appreciated..

Hi
I have a problem with bandits spawning on knin island on taviana. I have removed the below line from the SAR_cfg_grps_tavi.sqf (even though it is not actually asking for bandits!)

// KNIN, 0 bandit groups, 2 soldier groups, 1 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,2,1],[0,75,100],[0,4,3]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

any help would be appreciated..

Don't remove it, the standard grid layout will be used then. Instead, null the values.

So use:
Code:
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0]],"SAR_area_0_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

Hi Sarge !

My rpt.log says this :

Error in expression < "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {
_object_positio>
_object_positio>
21:09:32 Error in expression < "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {
_object_positio>
_object_positio>
21:09:32 Client: Object 3:87 (type Type_70) not found.
21:11:02 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type: Soldier_Crew_PMC Side: GUER Group Side: "
21:11:02 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI attacker - Type: TK_INS_Soldier_EP1 Name: Rincewind Side: EAST Group Side: EAST"
21:11:23 "DEBUG FPS: 49.6894"
21:11:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type:

You got an error in your server_objectUpdate.sqf. This is not part of SARGE AI, this is the workaround for the admin monitor. Check that you didn't mess up the adjustments.

Sarge

Just comment them out in your grps_cfg file.

put a // at the beginning of each heli line and you are done.

Anyone running into "action lag"?

My total population on static spawns is probably around 180 AI. I have dynamic spawning disabled.

How ever any kind of actions such as blood bagging, bandaging, and the such are severely delayed. This also results in the debug menu and GUI twitching out.

Any suggestions?

You got an error in your server_objectUpdate.sqf. This is not part of SARGE AI, this is the workaround for the admin monitor. Check that you didn't mess up the adjustments.

Sarge

thanx man!

btw : is there a how to for adding more aggro ai on predefined bases made in the editor?

cheers fox

Hello people, i recently encountered a little problem with the AI's... Let me explain :)

It all started with a server problem where i had to reinstall my server and use a Backup to restore the Database.
Anyways, after that was done everything was sorted serverwise. The Database had successfully been restored and nothing was missing anywhere.

Now yesterday night i noticed that Heli Patrols wern't there anymore and was asking myself why since i normally ALWAYS see them flying around, so i told myself "Ok maybe some players had fun destroying them and they were not set to Auto-respawn ?", apparently that is not the case because i had to chance to notice right after a server restart that the Heli Patrols actually blew up on start from a collision with another Heli... Yes, i went to the crash site and noticed 2 fresh Heli Wrecks right after the server restart, i therefore understood the reason behind the "Where are my helis ? :p".

Now my question is : Why would that happen all of a sudden knowing i never changed any settings on AI's ?
Could the Database restore have messed something up ?

Good day to you all !

PS : Forgot to mention that after restoring the Database i changed the Max Number of UH1H and Mi-17 spawn from 50 to 3 of each, knowing their is already 3 of each spawned on the map, could the server be doing some kind of auto kill since the number already reached it's maximum ?

Anyone running into "action lag"?

My total population on static spawns is probably around 180 AI. I have dynamic spawning disabled.

How ever any kind of actions such as blood bagging, bandaging, and the such are severely delayed. This also results in the debug menu and GUI twitching out.

Any suggestions?

I would be interested in that one. Can you PM me some more details ? server up time, number of players, anything in your rpt etc.

Thx, Sarge

Hello people, i recently encountered a little problem with the AI's... Let me explain :)

It all started with a server problem where i had to reinstall my server and use a Backup to restore the Database.
Anyways, after that was done everything was sorted serverwise. The Database had successfully been restored and nothing was missing anywhere.

Now yesterday night i noticed that Heli Patrols wern't there anymore and was asking myself why since i normally ALWAYS see them flying around, so i told myself "Ok maybe some players had fun destroying them and they were not set to Auto-respawn ?", apparently that is not the case because i had to chance to notice right after a server restart that the Heli Patrols actually blew up on start from a collision with another Heli... Yes, i went to the crash site and noticed 2 fresh Heli Wrecks right after the server restart, i therefore understood the reason behind the "Where are my helis ? :p".

Now my question is : Why would that happen all of a sudden knowing i never changed any settings on AI's ?
Could the Database restore have messed something up ?

Good day to you all !

PS : Forgot to mention that after restoring the Database i changed the Max Number of UH1H and Mi-17 spawn from 50 to 3 of each, knowing their is already 3 of each spawned on the map, could the server be doing some kind of auto kill since the number already reached it's maximum ?

Whats in your rpt? Sounds to me like you forgot to adjust your server_cleanup.fsm.

Whats in your rpt? Sounds to me like you forgot to adjust your server_cleanup.fsm.

I guess i talked too fast ! That was probably the right answer ! Will fix that right now ! Thanks for reminding me of that :)

Every time I edit my server.pbo file to edit the server_cleanup.fsm for this scipt, my server freezes at wait for host after uploading the new server.pbo, When I revert to default it works again...Why can't I get this working? It's stopping me from using this script, and admin tools properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back