SARGE AI patrol heli's crashing?

zombified

Love the AI's!

The AI heli patrols seem to fall out of the sky as soon as the server starts up.

I've searched the forums, if anyone had similar issues, searched SARGE framework readme file, etc. but haven't found any guidance.

I'm sure I'm missing something, I just can't find it.

Can anyone point me to information or assist?

Sorry if this is a redundant subject, but I swear I looked.

Thanks in advance.

Love the AI's the way they are, just haven't experienced the heli AI's yet.

It's all in the FAQ.

Buggered if I can find that though, so if you do find it let me know ;)

Different thread pointed me to the FAQ's... different install instructions, but basically the same.

The ONLY thing I see regarding this issue is with the "server_cleanup.fsm", which I don't see in my extracted pbo or when i ftp to my server and I don't see any instructions for installing/creating it.

I must be missing something?

copied from Sarge's FAQ's page for you.
B) my heli patrols get blown up - rpt shows "killed a hacker"
  1. adjust this in your server_cleanup.fsm (depends on your server.pbo build, adjust where needed).
  2. If you have a line looking like this ins your server_cleabup.fsm:

Code:
    Code:
    " if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") ) then {" \n

change it to
    Code:
    Code:
    " if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n
  3. If your line looks like this:

Code:
    Code:
    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
    change to

Code:
    Code:
    if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety

Well, there are no more crashes. I have not seen an AI heli patrol yet.

So basically at this point what we're saying is in the "server.pbo" once downloaded and extracted, in the SYSTEMS folder you will find the "server_cleanup.fsm".

Locate one of the lines indicated above and change it to the other line respectively.

So far this has at least stopped the AI heli's from crashing at server reboot.

Lol, it worked for me (but I got rid of the heli's cos they keep shooting up all the other heli's on the ground for some reason, possibly something to do with factions!)

Hi - I have ran this fix to stop heli's crashing instantly in the server.pbo- but when I log in I am stuck in a perma loop of dying - I get the seconds countdown when you die but then I just die again and again on the same spot.

Until I have to reset the server.pbo and I'm back to helicopters crashing :/

Back