Seeking Help to install some scripts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Byrne, Aug 21, 2015.

1. David Byrne

David Byrne New Member

Hey guys, i am looking for someone who can install a few scripts for me

No Weight
    Dayz Group Management
    Car Radio
    Vector Build
    Walking Zombies

2. ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks OpenDayZ Guru!

I used to offer help but don't have the time to do that anymore. Most people here have their own server to maintain and can't do it for you either ,.
    What will work though is if you follow the directions carefully for each script and ask for help when you need it. Answering you questions is more likely to happen than doing it for you
    Truthfully, there is no skill required to install scripts except the ability to follow the directions exactly.

3. David Byrne

David Byrne New Member

Shooting blanks i have tried everything, and i just cant seem to do it, at this stage i really feel like i wasted money due to me thinking that i could do this, is there not someone who could just install a premade script on to my server with all the addons included?

4. ShootingBlanks

It takes a fair amount of time. If you have never fooled with Arma or Dayz its very confusing at first.
    But let me ask, are you running Epoch or Overpoch? If so then FallingSheeps repack is for you. http://opendayz.net/threads/release-sheeps-epoch-repack-new-support-coming.14561/ simply turn on/off the scripts in one config file.
    You speak of Vector build so I am going to assume you are using an Epoch based mod in which case one of the Sheeps Repack's is the solution to your confusion.
    So I am going to help you out some right now and please stand in awe at my coding skills :rolleyes:

1. No Weight ..
      Open your init.sqf, add this line
      DZE_R3F_WEIGHT = false;

2. Dayz Group Managment
      Open this file scriptcontrol.sqf and find this line, make sure its true:
      //DZGM (DayZ Group Management)
      DZGMScript = true;

3. Walking Zombies
      While that same file as above is open, find this line and make sure its set to true:
      //Slow zombies
      walkerZombieScript = true;

4. Car Radio
      Refer to this post ... and follow the step by step directions.
      You are going to paste 2 folders into your mission, and 3 files into your server as described.
      You are going to edit 3 files, Compiles.sqf, Init.sqf, Description.ext
    No idea what vector build is and it didnt pop up when I searched so .. its obviously not needed. :D

Now you say you have tried everything and just cant do it. THAT is what I mean about doing it and asking for help. If you have those scripts installed, or have attempted to install them ...What errors are you having? Whats not working? People will be glad to HELP you figure it out and you learn how to do it at the same time.
    Bottom Line is that if you dont want to actually learn how to modify your server, you shouldnt have a server. Be an admin on someone elses server (TONS of people are looking for reliable admin help). Dont get me wrong. Just like you, I looked at my first server and tried to make sense of the rats nest of code we call Dayz. But I looked up each problem, and experiemented and did it myself until I understood how it all worked.
    So, take the difficult path and install those scripts yourself. Then ask us why you are getting this or that error and you will benefit from the experience.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  5. David Byrne

David Byrne New Member

Thank you dude, i am going to try this now. you are very helpful and i really appreciate i really do thank you sir i will reply back if this goes well, Also this is for my Overpoch cherno server, i am currently using the Deluxe v2 pack but i just dont think it feels very good as building on it take a long time to put objects down

6. ShootingBlanks

I dont mean to sound harsh, but the community is dwindling and the few remaining people who are capable (not sure if I consider myself one of those or not) do not have the time to help the larger number of new server owners.

I look here daily wanting to HELP someone with a question they have, and I may have the time to do it for them occasionally.. but I have certainly lost the desire. But will gladly answer any questions you have.

7. David Byrne

David Byrne New Member

I Completely understand blanks, but im just glad to have got a reply from you with good help thanks again

8. berdyev

berdyev New Member

Group management is the ass one. Good luck, lol