Server crashing after logspam from Amphib Gyro

putrudius

I've seen the other posts regarding what may be a similar issue, but the conditions described in those threads were different than ours.

We'd just set up a brand new server for 2017 and had 4 players on testing the install and map. We were somewhere near Kamenka at the coast. We'd determined the server was good to go and restarted after removing the password.

Upon return to the game, I noticed Gotcha was reporting TONS of spam:

Code:
##:##:## - SetDamage Log: ## Playername (GUID) - ## 0.000000 #:### CSJ_GyroPboat

We only had 4 players on and within a minute or so, the server was unresponsive.

In our case, no one had found the Amphib Gyro yet (or any Gyro). After checking the map, there were only two spawned and they were both a long way from our location.

After several restarts (and before finding the info here), I removed the two vehicles completely from the map. Only after this, the server would restart.

We use DayZ.ST as a host and I don't think we have access (yet) to the setdamage.txt file? We have server and mission.pbo only.

Don't know if this is any use to you, but we'd like to be able to re-enable the amphib gyros.

Cheers.

Code:
28.01.2013 19:30:40: Dick Cheney (myip) guid - #20 "_float = "CSJ_GyroFloat" createVehicle [0,0,0]"

Is giving my players a script restriction 20 80% of the time they try to connect.

Any suggestions?

Back