Server loading if no players.

Discussion in 'Scripting Discussions' started by Microb, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Microb

Microb Member

Hello.

I don't know if it's related to scripting but anyway.
    I've noticed that servers are not showing up in server lists if there are no players inside, so there is a problem-after my dayz servers restarts people can't get inside until I or somebody else using side programs to connect or using remote functions joins the server.

I've seen many servers in server list with 1 player online but no actual players when you join.
    That could be a solution for me. How is that possible?

2. ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks OpenDayZ Guru!

do some searching on this site. I dont remember what exactly was the problem or solution but this has been posted before ..

3. Microb

Microb Member

I have no idea from what I should start, It's not even a bug.
    Keywords serverlist/empty server giving too much junk

4. ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks OpenDayZ Guru!

Okay, yes it must be that the Arma2 server browser is just broken. Here is what my server browser looks like upon starting it, only servers with players
    [​IMG]

So after a few minutes of testing and fiddling with filters etc I stumbled upon the answer ... or what SEEMS to be the answer.
    I dont know how Arma2 decides which servers to list first as it loads the servers, I would assume it would be the first ones to respond to a ping, but maybe not because it seems to load populated servers first and you have to leave it running for a minute to get to the zero-population servers. And it wont load the same number of servers in two consecutive searches.
    Anyway, try this: Click on the players to sort from low to high. Notice no empty servers ... DO NOT PRESS REFRESH and let it search for a minute. Now my list looks like this when I click on the Player Sort .. filled with empty dayz servers ... depressing isnt it :(

[​IMG]

5. ElDubya

ElDubya Well-Known Member

Woohoo! My server is famous! It's in a picture on the interwebs! :)

ShootingBlanks likes this.