Server not in Six Launcher

xXDeathRangerXx

I'm trying to run a private server for me and my friends, but it is not appearing in Six launcher or the in-game browser. I Port forwarded ports 2302-2305 and I can play the server on my own. In the in-game browser the server shows up when I switch to LAN servers. the name is DayZ -DR Gaming [<US>] (1.7.4.4) | 3rdP:eek:n | CH:eek:ff | Tags:eek:ff - hosted by <xXDeathRangerXx> I'm using a Motorola Sbg900 router, but my PC is not hard-wired to the router, if it helps any my dad's computer is. my router's port forwarding settings are as follow:

NAME: DayZ (I know this part is not important)
PORT START:2302
PORT END:2305
IP: none of your buisness, but I did set this part up correctly.
Enable: Checked!

please reply as soon as you can! and if it helps, the required build is 99153, even if this part is in the name, it does not show up!

Running a server from your home internet is not recommended. Standard internet providers can't handle the data upload rate required to run a server. (Most proper serveers run on a 10Mb/s upload speed) But servers also are dedicated to a single job of running servers and only servers, due to processing requirements.

If your only running a server for friends this is a different matter. You should be able to handle the client data well on a slow connection. But wireless data can be fairly slow due to connectivity issues involving distance and disturbances around the connecting ( i.e electricty wiring, other digital signals)

Try using DayZ Commander for connecting to your server, it is a more simple program designed solely for DayZ
dayzcommander.com

Running a server from your home internet is not recommended. Standard internet providers can't handle the data upload rate required to run a server. (Most proper serveers run on a 10Mb/s upload speed) But servers also are dedicated to a single job of running servers and only servers, due to processing requirements.

If your only running a server for friends this is a different matter. You should be able to handle the client data well on a slow connection. But wireless data can be fairly slow due to connectivity issues involving distance and disturbances around the connecting ( i.e electricty wiring, other digital signals)

Try using DayZ Commander for connecting to your server, it is a more simple program designed solely for DayZ
dayzcommander.com
I have tried what yo usaid, but DayZ Commander did not work. It's a server for me and 1 friend.

it will be down to port forwarding then.
Open your routers control panel using either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your browser.
You should be able to login with the admin login on the back of the router ( or the password you set if you changed it).
You will need to log into the advanced features and add the ports required to your computers local ip ( ie. 192.168.0.2) You can get your local ip by opening your command prompt (cmd) and typing "ipconfig"

as I stated in the original post, I have already done the port forwarding. What I have not done, however, is specified firewall to unblock the ports, which may have been the cause of the issue, I'm going to unblock those and let the server run for an hour or so to get detected by gamespy.

EDIT: did not work

ok, I got it to show up in the in-game browser, which works just fine for my purposes. I did this by:
going to my firewall > advanced settings > outbound > create new rule and unblocked TCP port 28900 and UDP port 27900

Back