server performance help

fivenine

So I have had some issues for some days now where everytime the server does
"TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2014,10,17,9,56]"
players get a short freezelag. everything else seems to be running smoothly. I know we have alot of scripts so if someone could point out what to remove (ie performance demanding scripts) or if you have any suggestions to solve the time sync freeze i would appreciate it.

our scripts is as follows:
  • Build Vector with snap build pro 1.41
  • Precise base building
  • PlotManagement
  • DoorManagement
  • 50m plot pole
  • JAEM Evac chopper mod
  • WAI mission system
  • Spawning loot crates
  • Custom trader at kamenka and Kabanino
  • Added high/low humanity traders at hero and bandit camp
  • Construction supplies trader south of Novy Sobor
  • Enhanced TOW script
  • Service Points
  • Deployable bike, motorcycle and mozzie
  • Indestructable Vehicles (if locked and inside plotpole)
  • recover skins (AI and players)
  • remove zombies around fire barrel
  • 4 bus routes (1 AI per bus, around 20 waypoints)
  • some rightclick menus (rules, hints and tips etc)

I would be interested in this as I have the same short lag. Looking at the log, it seems to corespond with loot pile cleanup.

It wasn't very noticable until after I added DZAI. Wondering if something to do with its objects is causing the loot cleanup to take longer.

I have never seen that issue cause performance. all its doing is matching your time and server time. what does.happen is some issues when you have one file setting.time/date X and another file sets time/date Y.
use notepads find in files function and search for setdate in your day_server folder.
you should have the same date across.the board. hive.ini might have a date value too, dont recall.

you are probably on the right track with the loot etc. because syncing the time is just one part of the server cleanup and server monitor. so the time sync is just the part.you see in the logs.

Back