Server Rental

Okay I rented a server from Hypernia and apparently I cannot run arma 2 or OA on it, The guy handling the IT part of the server is saying the Graphics card may not be capable of running it.

Is there a way to obtain the same files and stuff that you would get from running it another way?

Im hitting the wrong server key problem.

No flag is needed.
The IT guys a bit of an idiot it seems.

Sounds like they are running the game executable and not the server executable.
Server executable never tried to run graphics.

The website looks like a games hoster but from what you said they are clearly clueless :confused:
The server does not need a graphics card or sound card or monitor or keyboard or mouse.

That's ridiculous. I would cancel and go with a reputable company. If they don't know how to run a server for a simple game like ARMA, walk away.

Well thanks for the responses. It turned out I misunderstood what my IT guy was saying, The company I was paying to provide the server was waiting on a Key for TC admin. HE understood this. I did not. What he said to me is that what is in the server is an on-board video. and not what we needed. He got it sorted out just fine when they finally gave him TC Admin.

Call me an idiot but I have another problem, It seems I was somewhat unprepared for the jump to Dedicated. When we run the server the host creates and then "Battleeye initialization fails"

We have found people having this problem with their personal client but not servers. Suggestions?

Back