Server running incorrect version off the server application?

Gijs007

I've tried to convert my official dayz server to a private hive since hackers keep destroying all vehicles and tents, and with a database backup we could restore all the items.

I've followed the guide at https://github.com/ayan4m1/DayZ-Private#dayz-bliss-private-server and the server works fine, I can join.

But once its finished loading I get a message that the server is running an incorrect version off the server application.

Make sure your server side DayZ mod is 1.7.3, and that it is patched to version 97771. Check your hive log also for what it says.

Thanks, ill try downgrading to version 97771 since I'm currently running 98866.

Update: That didn't work:(

But this was in my hiveExt.log:
2012-11-08 23:53:19 : [Information] HiveExt 1.00
2012-11-08 23:53:19 Database.MySQLConnection: [Information] Connected to MySQL database 127.0.0.1:3306/dayz client ver: 6.0.0 server ver: 5.5.28
2012-11-08 23:53:19 Database.MySQLConnection: [Information] Connected to MySQL database 127.0.0.1:3306/dayz client ver: 6.0.0 server ver: 5.5.28
2012-11-08 23:53:19 : [Information] Method: 302 Params: 2:
2012-11-08 23:53:19 Database.MySQLConnection: [Trace] Query [1 ms] SQL: select iv.id, v.class_name, null owner_id, iv.worldspace, iv.inventory, iv.parts, iv.fuel, iv.damage from `instance_vehicle` iv join `world_vehicle` wv on iv.`world_vehicle_id` = wv.`id` join `vehicle` v on wv.`vehicle_id` = v.`id` where iv.`instance_id` = 2 union select id.`id`, d.`class_name`, id.`owner_id`, id.`worldspace`, id.`inventory`, '[]', 0, 0 from `instance_deployable` id inner join `deployable` d on id.`deployable_id` = d.`id` where id.`instance_id` = 2
2012-11-08 23:53:19 : [Information] Result: ["ObjectStreamStart",0]
2012-11-08 23:53:19 : [Information] Method: 307 Params:
2012-11-08 23:53:19 : [Information] Result: ["PASS",[2012,11,9,0,53]]
2012-11-08 23:53:37 : [Information] Method: 101 Params: 57533958:2:Gijs:
2012-11-08 23:53:37 Database.MySQLConnection: [Trace] Query [1 ms] SQL: select `name` from `profile` WHERE `unique_id` = '57533958'
2012-11-08 23:53:37 Database.MySQLConnection: [Trace] Query [0 ms] SQL: select s.`id`, s.`worldspace`, s.`inventory`, s.`backpack`, timestampdiff(minute, s.`start_time`, s.`last_updated`) as `SurvivalTime`, timestampdiff(minute, s.`last_ate`, NOW()) as `MinsLastAte`, timestampdiff(minute, s.`last_drank`, NOW()) as `MinsLastDrank`, s.`model` from `survivor` s join `instance` i on s.`world_id` = i.`world_id` and i.`id` = 2 where s.`unique_id` = '57533958' and s.`is_dead` = 0
2012-11-08 23:53:37 Database.MySQLConnection: [Trace] Query [0 ms] SQL: select `inventory`, `backpack` from `instance` where `id` = 2
2012-11-08 23:53:37 Database.MySqlPreparedStatement: [Trace] Execute [0 ms] Statement: insert into `survivor` (`unique_id`, `start_time`, `world_id`, `worldspace`, `inventory`, `backpack`, `medical`) select ?, now(), i.`world_id`, ?, i.`inventory`, i.`backpack`, ? from `instance` i where i.`id` = ? VALUES("57533958", "[]", "[false,false,false,false,false,false,false,12000,[],[0,0],0]", 2)
2012-11-08 23:53:37 Database.MySQLConnection: [Trace] Query [1 ms] SQL: select s.`id` from `survivor` s join `instance` i on s.world_id = i.world_id and i.id = 2 where s.`unique_id` = '57533958' and s.`is_dead` = 0
2012-11-08 23:53:37 : [Error] Error fetching created character for playerId 57533958
2012-11-08 23:53:37 : [Information] Result: ["ERROR"]

when you upgrade dayz both in the client and serverside

make sure u added the pbo's inside a folder named "Addons" !

this is the most commonly made mistake when upgrading dayz ;)

when you upgrade dayz both in the client and serverside

make sure u added the pbo's inside a folder named "Addons" !

this is the most commonly made mistake when upgrading dayz ;)

You mean @DayZ/Addons?
I already have the dayz pbo files in there.

if you get the blinking message ingame after connecting to a server.
The Dayz mod versions don't match (it will actually tell you which version the server is running and which version you are running)

If you get kicked straight upon connecting, your Arma2oa beta version is lower then the server requires (setting in the config file)

I don't have those problems, once connected it loads up fine but once it go's in to the part where it says receiving I get this message.

and the screen fades to black sometimes shortly showing a white text. thats a mismatch in @DayZ versions.

make sure both server and client are running the exact same @DayZ mod (re-download them both from the same source, deleting the old folders)

The client is running 1.7.3 from play with six and the server is running 1.7.3 directly from the dayz download site.

This server is running an incorrect version off the server side application.
Can not play on this server.
If you are the server admin please contact the dayz staff.

i allready gave you the answer/sollution :)

six is a horrible product imho. either use DayZcommander or install the mod manually

I've upgraded to bliss 4.0 and now I need to vote and I noticed that there are 2 missions called dayz chernaurus in there.

the 2nd one works fine but the first one is throwing the error.

How do I get rid off the 1st one and disable the voting so it just starts dayz after a server startup?

Update: Figured it out, I had to remove the old mpmission file and also fixed the .bat file so it linked to the correct cfg...

I have exact same issue. Worked fine up until about 3 updates ago. Now I can't update at all. Gives me this same issue and says my server is running "Sniper_DZ" or whatever model I'm wearing.

While setting up a bliss server on my PC i was stoped by this error and it turned out it was caused by me having a missing [ in my instance table for my starting inventory. i just put [] and restarted and bam, earlier i was getting another error and it was cause i had the wrong instance when i used build vs the instance id in the instance table.

i didnt bother using mysql i installed EasyPhP on my PC, now i need to clone my live server to my pc so i can test out some mods and scripts i wanna work on for my server.

I had this too and traced the problem for me. I'll mention it here. If you caused the problem in the same way you'll know it right away.

I setup Chernarus in Bliss and fired it up successfully. Part of the tutorial I was following described how you could launch DayZ using parameters that negated the need to use DayZCommander to launch. It described how in Steam you could add start-up parameters to load @Dayz. So off I went to Steam and added the below start-up parameters.

-mod=@DayZ
If this sounds familiar, keep reading. If you didn't do this you can stop cause your issue isn't the same thing as mine.

So for those of you that did this, Dayz Chernarus launches beautifully with Steam without the need of a launcher. So next I fired up Namalsk. Got that server running. Decided to do the same. I found somewhere on the net that you could load multiple mods. So I edited my start-up Parameters. Something like the below ... can't remember specifically.

-mod=@DayZ;@DayZ_Namalsk
Tested both servers. Chernarus fires up beautifully launching from Steam. Namalsk fires up beautifully launching through Steam. Time to add Panthera. Setup Panthera. Added the launch parameter to Steam, something like ...

-mod=@DayZ;@DayZ_Namalsk;@DayZ_Panthera
Launch Panthera, good. Launch Chernarus, error (server running incorrect version blah blah). Attempt launch of Namalsk, error (server running incorrect version blah blah). ARGHH! So long story short after trying a half dozen things and reading anything and everything (which wasn't much) online I found that if I switch the order of the mods the results changed. Changing the load sequence to the below reversed the results.

-mod=@DayZ_Panthera;@DayZ_Namalsk;@DayZ
Launching this way resulted in Panthera getting the 'incorrect server' message while Chernarus and Namalsk worked out fine. Apparently subsequently loaded mods can have an effect on prior loaded mods.

So long story short. If you followed the same tutorial I did, and came across the same suggestion for launching DayZ and other DayZ mods via Steam and thought 'gosh' that seams like a good idea, try removing the parameters and launching from DayZCommander or SixLauncher.

Hopefully this helps someone.

Back