[ServerSideScript] Grass hides player

antirocket

Hey there

Upon request by Matt L, i made a video about this. Here you go...

(watch in 720p fullscreen to compensate for my retarded recording skills...)

What you see is a server-side script that hides a player for other players if he's in a prone position. Movement of any kind or firing a weapon will uncover him for everyone for a certain amount of time. Development status is still proof-of-concept, but i will make it "final" if you guys feel there`s the need for something like this.

The script is already implemented on a special DayZ server (Thanks HFB, again!) and you're welcome to try it yourself.
Code:
Name: DayZChernarus - (1.8/103718) - antirocket ServerSideScriptTest | HFBServers.com
IP: 74.91.121.95
Port: 2312

If you like it, you can help further development by fooling around on the server and telling me your ideas/dislikes.

anti

post before editing:
Hey there, folks. Remember me? :) I`ve been lurking around here for a while now and think it`s time to get back to y'all.

I`m curious about what you guys might think about a server-side script that allows players to really (!) hide in grass, even if grass is not rendered/visible. Drop me a line or two and tell me what you think.

anti

<placeholder>

post before editing
Dispite not getting any replies to this, i ported my prototype to be compatible with DayZ.

What does the mod do?
Players going prone in grass will be hidden for every other player that is 50m and farther away from them.

Do i need to download anything?
Nope, this is a serverside mod. Clients need no additional files.

If anyone wants to try this, here's the server running the mod:

Name: DayZChernarus - (1.8/103718) - antirocket ServerSideScriptTest | HFBServers.com

Dispite not getting any replies to this, i ported my prototype to be compatible with DayZ.

What does the mod do?
Players lying in grass will be hidden for every other player that is 50m and farther away from them.

Do i need to download anything?
Nope, this is a serverside mod. Clients need no additional files.

If anyone wants to try this, here's the server running the mod:

Honestly, just post whatever you've got in the release section. If people like it, they like it. No need to ask beforehand :)

However, I do suggest filming it and putting a test video on youtube, or taking pictures etc etc and uploading those with the post as well

This is still a proof-of-concept and far from being release-worthy. I don't even know anything about it's impact on server-performance with more than two concurrent players. As you can see, there was i reason for me to post in this section.

I'd like people to join that server, fool around, try things out and report their findings/ideas/change requests here.

damn good find this would be a great script if the ideas in this thread are used.
im very interested in this , shame the op didnt just post it ...

Back