Spectator Tools for Admins! DOWNLOAD + INSTALLATION (GCAM)

I got it working by following the install instruction and being carefull with the scripts.txt . it works pretty solid, but we did patch some thinks like we did not like that only one admin can use gcam at once and also the font was a bit to tiny.

Yeah, sometimes you get lucky with BE and all works fine ;)

I'm starting to seriously dislike Battle Eye and that guy who owns it.. I emailed him asking why my friend got a perm ban, and what exactly the code number meant.. and Bastian emailed me back with a totally obnoxious reply along the lines of "My product is totally perfect, you were banned because you hacked and that's undeniable, backed up by solid evidence" .. He didn't even mention that it wasn't ME I had asked about.. I can't wait until the standalone comes out and we can get away from this BE..

I have a similar experience.... But even when it has some serious issues most problems can be avoided when you take some time and study your scripts.txt and how it works... I dont like the system either but that's how I finaly got it to work.

it is not working for me.

does it have something to do with the fackt that my mpmission is named dayz_320.Chernarus and not dayz_1_chernarus.

do I have to change something ?

thank you

I get this in the rpt file:

16:28:51 Server: Object 2:102 not found (message 132)
16:28:55 "STARTING LOGIN: ["1111111",B 1-1-A:1 (hayward) REMOTE]"
16:28:55 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "1111111" hayward"
16:28:56 "READ/WRITE: ["ERROR"]"
16:28:56 "LOGIN RESULT: Exiting, failed to load _primary: ["ERROR"] for player: 1111111 "

The 111111 is just me hiding my user ID :p

UPDATE 2/1/13: Updated the tool to the latest version of DayZ (1.7.5)

Re-download the attached files. Remember to edit the config.hpp and overwrite any files it asks you to.

UPDATE 2/1/13: Updated the tool to the latest version of DayZ (1.7.5)

Re-download the attached files. Remember to edit the config.hpp and overwrite any files it asks you to.

Will this fix my issue, above.. and has the scripts.txt file changed? because asking dayz.st to make changes takes days sometimes. thanks :)

Will this fix my issue, above.. and has the scripts.txt file changed? because asking dayz.st to make changes takes days sometimes. thanks :)
Yes the scripts.txt is changed and does not kick you anymore for accessing the menu/gcam/etc.

Hi Pwnoz0r,
i cant get it to work i followed the insturctions, but when i want to connect to my server arma 2 OA freezes while the DayZ progress bar is completet.
Could the issue be that i have a Bliss server ?

Everytime I load this on DayZST My players gt stuck at the end of the loading bar and cant join the server. The only instructions I cant follow are :

1. Open server.cfg (\cfgdayz\server.cfg).
  2. Scroll down to where you see "dayz_1.Chernarus" and change it to "dayz_1_spec.Chernarus".
  3. Save the .cfg and exit.
As I do not have access to this file and DayZ ST admins refuse to change this setting. What else can I do to get this working?

Can't I change the script to match whatever the name is on their server? I know someone had gCam working in the dayzst IRC chat but he logged before I could ask how

Just got done talking to the guy who runs dayz st, Apparently many people have gCam working on his servers but he cant help with custom files. So does anyone have a working Misson pbo with chernarus and gcam?

I will add my refueling and debug menu's back in after I get gCam working

Everytime I load this on DayZST My players gt stuck at the end of the loading bar and cant join the server. The only instructions I cant follow are :

1. Open server.cfg (\cfgdayz\server.cfg).
  2. Scroll down to where you see "dayz_1.Chernarus" and change it to "dayz_1_spec.Chernarus".
  3. Save the .cfg and exit.
As I do not have access to this file and DayZ ST admins refuse to change this setting. What else can I do to get this working?

Some quotes from Ersan
all gcam is is a modification to the mission file
lots of people are using gcam
you dont need access to the server.cfg.......

AND just rename it to dayz_mission.

Rename what? the file I have no access to?
I already found out that it can be done without renaming anything.

Code:
17:01:56 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter at [6428.16,10598.7]"
17:01:57 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter at [6357.65,9195.13]"
17:01:57 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter at [4850.84,11809.5]"
17:01:57 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed helicopter at [5029.19,5963.69]"
17:01:57 "CLEANUP: INITIALIZING CLEANUP SCRIPT"
17:05:22 "DISCONNECT: [AA]-Eldari (00000000) Object: any, _characterID: any"
17:05:22 Client: Remote object 2:4 not found
17:05:22 Client: Remote object 2:5 not found
17:05:22 Client: Remote object 2:6 not found

These are the RPT log errors I'm getting whenever someone trys to connect
This is not the section for posting errors. Warning given.

Back