Start Times Question

Geekin

Valued Member!
Ok .. the HiveExt.ini has time

[Time]
Type = static
Hour = 4

is there only hour increments ? Our can you add mins too ?
Trying to get a little more dark time without starting pitch black lol .. noobs get skeerd :)

I think you can set it to something like 5 or 6 pm to go from light to dusk to dark so change it to.

Code:
[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 17

This might be wrong and I think you need 6 hour restarts to get full night but I dont use static I use local to get british time.

I think you can set it to something like 5 or 6 pm to go from light to dusk to dark so change it to.

Code:
[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 17

This might be wrong and I think you need 6 hour restarts to get full night but I dont use static I use local to get british time.
I dont see how restarts would have anything to do with night when using static time? When the server restarts, it sets time to Hour. So if you want 2 hours of night, then you start at 2pm and have 8 hour restart, or start at 4pm and have 6 hour restart .. the last two hours will be night (or thereabouts depending on what date you are using since that affects sunset time)

But can you add minutes? Yes you can ... but not in the hive.ini.
You have to edit the server_monitor ( I think), find setdate and set that for a day and time including minutes. This setdate function is in two places and they have to match otherwise you will get a time-shift effect a few minutes after joining.

With all The scripts I'm running .. 4hr is prob about max without something flipping out.. I tried 3am .. too dark .. was looking at more like 3:30 ... but didn't know if you could do 3:30 or just on the hour only 3, 4 , 5 etc and everyone seems to like morning starts better than late afternoon.. I get alot of EU players on the server now

I never tried mornings since players dont like the night and after server running for a few hours you are likely to have most players before restart. If it restarts into dark, they will leave. I liked the server restarting around 8 or 9pm so it was like an hour of twilight, and an hour of actual dark night.
I dont believe you can set minutes in the hour setting, otherwise the variable setting wouldn't specifically say HOUR. But give it a try and see what time it is when you restart ...
What you can do to tweak the light, is start at 3am. and then tweak the DATE so you change the sunrise to the exact needed time.

I dont see how restarts would have anything to do with night when using static time? When the server restarts, it sets time to Hour. So if you want 2 hours of night, then you start at 2pm and have 8 hour restart, or start at 4pm and have 6 hour restart .. the last two hours will be night (or thereabouts depending on what date you are using since that affects sunset time)

But can you add minutes? Yes you can ... but not in the hive.ini.
You have to edit the server_monitor ( I think), find setdate and set that for a day and time including minutes. This setdate function is in two places and they have to match otherwise you will get a time-shift effect a few minutes after joining.

What I was saying about the restar time is if your restart time was set to 2 or 3 hours it might not be enough time to go from light to dark.

Back