Starting loadout on Lingor Skaronator

BetterDeadThanZed

Valued Member!
I edited my "Instance" table to create a custom starting loadout on my Lingor Skaronator server, as I've done before for other servers, but for some reason it's not loading it. It's using the Dayz default loadout instead.

I put in a support ticket with HFB and they are blaming a database conflict with Lingor Skaronator:

I see several notes on this ticket from a few of our staff, It seems no one can figure out why exactly the loadout is not working properly, I also am unsure why it is not pulling that data from the hive as it seems to be pulling everything else. They have come to the conclusion (and so have I) that it is some sort of bug with the reality files for skaro lingor which is something we can not fix. I suggest you reach out to the reality devs for this issue.

Anyone else have an issue with their starting loadout? I asked this on the Lingor Skaronator forum but apparently it's unknown if custom starting loadouts work with that map.

sounds like the code needs added to the server pbo

"the code"? You could have posted that in Russian and I wouldn't have understood what you were talking about any less.

Anyway, after doing more research, it seems the gender selection on the server is causing the custom starting loadout not to work. It's apparently a common problem. Not sure if it still is classified as a "Reality" issue, though. Unfortunately, 48 hour response times from HFB is acceptable to them, so I won't get an answer on where I can find the dayz_server_config.hpp from them any time soon. I've checked all the folders on the server and can't locate it.

server_playerLogin.sqf is where it does the hive read/write for custom loadouts.

Code:
// Check custom inventory for new characters
if (_model == "") then {
    _key = format["CHILD:999:select replace(cl.`inventory`, '""', '""""') inventory, replace(cl.`backpack`, '""', '""""') backpack, replace(coalesce(cl.`model`, 'Survivor2_DZ'), '""', '""""') model from `cust_loadout` cl join `cust_loadout_profile` clp on clp.`cust_loadout_id` = cl.`id` where clp.`unique_id` = '?':[%1]:",str(_playerID)];
    _data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;

//Process result
    _result = call compile format ["%1", _data];
    _status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "CustomStreamStart") then {
        if ((_result select 1) > 0) then {
            _data = "HiveEXT" callExtension _key;
            _result = call compile format ["%1", _data];
            _inventory = call compile (_result select 0);
            _backpack = call compile (_result select 1);
            _model = call compile (_result select 2);
            _isNew = false;
        };
    };
};

Ok, but I don't see how that helps me disable gender selection. I have the custom starting loadout defined in the "Instance" table of the database. The server isn't reading it because Gender selection is enabled. I need to find out how to disable Gender selection.

Back