Stuck at "Wait for host" connecting to Shinkickers Digs

Peavey P.

Greetings!

While I'm able to join other DayZ servers with no problem (including other 2017 servers), for some reason the game sticks at "Wait for host" when attempting to connect to Shinkickers Digs.

There's evidently some level of connection with the server, as I see the welcome messages, and if I wait long enough, I can occasionally see messages the server prints when other players fail to connect, like "so-and-so: can't play because missing file such-and-such."

Is there any info I could provide to help troubleshoot this?

The playername I've been using to connect will have been "Youth In Asia" or "Peavey P."

Edit: also, my IP subnet is: 98.155.*.*

Thanks!

I've been looking into this problem myself with my server, there is a single player that can't join no matter what he tries. He gets stuck at waiting for host and can see a single persons name blinking in red at the top right.

I believe its something to do with the query port being blocked on the ip, but I haven't had the chance to reboot the box to test if it fixes it.

I've tried to connect to it a few minute ago and get instantly kicked. Bleh~ I guess I'll pile in here since I'm not seeing any other threads for 1.1 about this issue.

Edit: Issue for me anyway. I've got another thread of me slowly solving problems but running into more. Not a single reply.

I believe its something to do with the query port being blocked on the ip, but I haven't had the chance to reboot the box to test if it fixes it.

Interesting. Does this refer to a port on the server, or on the client? (If the server were trying to make a connection back to a port on my external IP, I would expect that to fail given my current network setup, as I'm behind a NAT firewall.)

Note: I've now tried both Arma 2 patch versions 100296 and 100544, and I've tried reinstalling the base DayZ mod, as well as the DayZ 2017 mod, but I'm still stuck at Wait for host on Shinkickers Digs. (But still no problems connecting to other DayZ servers.)

Hi there,

I don't know if this is your issue - but shinkickers digs server is actually running the newer 100679 version of the ARMA2 beta patch (which I think is newer than the one dayz commander offers).

The latest arma2 beta patches can be accessed from the official site here w ww.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Hi there,

I don't know if this is your issue - but shinkickers digs server is actually running the newer 100679 version of the ARMA2 beta patch (which I think is newer than the one dayz commander offers).

The latest arma2 beta patches can be accessed from the official site here w ww.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Downloaded the latest and extracted it to my desktop. Ran the beta file update. Tried joining again and instantly kicked once more :\

I checked the sevrer and all I can see is:

7:39:52 Server error: Player without identity Rukio (id 1362526770)

I have googled and I can't find much on the issue.

Checked the database and there is no entry for your player name.

I am out of ideas here, i will keep looking though, anyone else ever seen this?

I checked the sevrer and all I can see is:

7:39:52 Server error: Player without identity Rukio (id 1362526770)

I have googled and I can't find much on the issue.

Checked the database and there is no entry for your player name.

I am out of ideas here, i will keep looking though, anyone else ever seen this?

I've reinstalled Arma 2 OA. Maybe I have to make a persona in the create thing? I've tried logging in multiple times and it's just blah. I got onto a Ausdayz server. Yours is just an instakick.

Hi Peavey,

Whats your in game name? I will take a look in the server logs?

Howdy!

I've been connecting as "Peavey P."

Note: I tried connecting again just now, with `windump` showing network traffic on my second monitor. Even though I'm stuck at "Wait for host", there's a continual stream of UDP packets being exchanged between my system and Shinkickers Digs.

I'm unfamiliar with the Arma 2 protocol, so the data in the packets doesn't mean much to me. But for what it's worth, this is a sample of the data continually being exchanged while I'm at "Wait for host":

pastebin.com/WfRFkMVK

Traceroute is looking OK:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms CURMUDGEON [192.168.66.1]
2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.117.192.1
3 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms ge7-1.sndhcaht-cer02.socal.rr.com [76.167.6.165]
4 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms tge0-9-0-2.sndhcaax-ccr02.socal.rr.com [72.129.2.104]
5 18 ms 15 ms 15 ms agg22.tustcaft-ccr01.socal.rr.com [72.129.1.2]
6 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms 107.14.17.134
7 13 ms 15 ms 16 ms ae-1-0.pr0.lax00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.129]
8 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms TenGigabitEthernet4-2.ar4.LAX1.gblx.net [208.50.254.25]
9 46 ms 40 ms 40 ms internap.tengigabitethernet3-4.ar7.sea1.gblx.net [159.63.55.26]
10 39 ms 40 ms 38 ms border8.t7-1-bbnet1.sef.pnap.net [63.251.160.18]
11 43 ms 39 ms 42 ms v-66-150-164-161.unman-vds.internap-seattle.nfoservers.com [66.150.164.161]

Thing is, I know my client is connected to Shinkickers Digs server while stuck at "Wait for host", because I can see occasional messages from other players who fail to connect. (Like, "so-and-so can't play this mod because missing file such-and-such.")

I've tried a few more troubleshooting steps, like Steam "verify integrity of game cache" for Arma2:OA, and "Reinstall BattlEye", etc., but no luck.

Back