[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

I added matches, toolbox and etool to the Ai gear sets so its makes it worth while for players to search the dead bandits, we actually had 3 different groups of players fighting over the 1 mission earlier - it didnt end to well lol

Hi, My happiness was short lived. After the newest version you posted first in it went great have two identical servers running epoch 1.0.4.1 with SS. But then I switched to new location on one of them and rebuilt and now both of these servers get stuck on authentication screen and then to lobby if I put in the dzai folder and put the script in.

I can't find any rpt files on my computer and SS only gives you pbo so I don't have anyway to check it. I know its an issue because I had plain vanilla install that was working and first thing I added was missions and it got stuck in the loop. If I remove the dzai folder and script it boots in fine.

One new thing is I get error on start up mission dayz logo paa file that wasn't there before.

thanks in advance. Gramps

PS I have been having major spike problems with isp I use and so maybe my files are not getting thru to server when I upload pbo? One server now I can't upload mission.pbo it shows its loading and done but pbo size never changes and I have a ticket with SS for that problem.

Their customer service takes about 6 days to get back to me so it drives me crazy.

Hi, My happiness was short lived. After the newest version you posted first in it went great have two identical servers running epoch 1.0.4.1 with SS. But then I switched to new location on one of them and rebuilt and now both of these servers get stuck on authentication screen and then to lobby if I put in the dzai folder and put the script in.

I can't find any rpt files on my computer and SS only gives you pbo so I don't have anyway to check it. I know its an issue because I had plain vanilla install that was working and first thing I added was missions and it got stuck in the loop. If I remove the dzai folder and script it boots in fine.

One new thing is I get error on start up mission dayz logo paa file that wasn't there before.

PS I have been having major spike problems with isp I use and so maybe my files are not getting thru to server when I upload pbo? One server now I can't upload mission.pbo it shows its loading and done but pbo size never changes and I have a ticket with SS for that problem.

Their customer service takes about 6 days to get back to me so it drives me crazy.
It could be that your PBO tool is not packing correctly. I don't have to use a PBO editor with my server provider but I have heard of it happening. Vampire mentions it here. http://opendayz.net/threads/support-dzms-dayz-mission-system.18421/page-8#post-93548 I'll do a little more digging to see if I can find an answer.

Edit- http://opendayz.net/threads/server-pbo.17538/#post-87471 which explains a bit and then I found
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz_server-pbo.18325/#post-92080
Hopefully that fixes your problem man

Last edited:
Hey guys.. This is my first post. I am new to owning a Dayz Epoch server. I have fully configured it once (on vilayer), and am now on Dayz ST. The whole pbo thing is quite a bit different. I have figured out how to pbo and unbo and all the directories. Pretty much the same as before. However, When I install ANY AI missions, I get it all in and the server boots up. I log in, and i load to lobby fine, But I get permanently stuck on Waiting For Server To Start Authenticating. No matter which mission system I use. I am quite confused as I just moved to 1.0.4.1 and that's when the problem started for me. I placed the DZMS folder in the root directory of server right and added the script line it calls for. Pretty confused... Thanks for any help guys!
http://opendayz.net/threads/support-dzms-dayz-mission-system.18421/page-9#post-93613

find another host and it will work, ss are horrible

I have tried every thing to get running its not starting up as far as I can see in the rpt file I am using 1.0.4.2 I need some help please
scott

I have tried every thing to get running its not starting up as far as I can see in the rpt file I am using 1.0.4.2 I need some help please
scott
It's an extremely simple installation, so if you are following the directions to the T and something isn't working, perhaps it's your PBO tool?

line 4 says Put the "DZMS" folder into your Server.pbo. shouldn't that be ems

or do I need both ems and dzms
when you download the github there is one folder called DZMS, inside of that folder there are other folders but you don't need to worry about that for installation. All you have to do is basically drag drop the DZMS folder inside the root of your server PBO.. Right in there with Compile, Init, and System. Your server PBO should now say Compile, DZMS, Init, and System. Then you open up server_moniter.SQF in the system folder (which is the system folder I just mentioned in your server pbo) and find
Code:
 allowConnection = true;
and directly above that paste this
Code:
 [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSInit.sqf";
and you are done. It is that easy. Drag drop the folder in your server, add one line of code.

I did all that many times use 2 different tools still get same error cant find files

13:23:01 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."
13:23:01 "[DZMS]: Relations not found! Using DZMS Relations."
13:23:01 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"
13:23:01 "[DZMS]: sauerland Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"
13:23:01 "[DZMS]: DayZ Epoch Detected! Some Scripts Adjusted!"
13:23:01 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"
13:23:01 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMajTimer.sqf not found
13:23:01 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMinTimer.sqf not found
13:23:01 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMarkerLoop.sqf not found

Last edited:
Hey Guys, first of all.
The scripts sounds good, but...
Now mission will start, our server is a Epoch Taviana Server...

Here are the logs:
Code:
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: Starting DayZ Mission System."
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: Relations not found! Using DZMS Relations."
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: Mission and Extended Configuration Loaded!"
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: tavi Detected. Map Specific Settings Adjusted!"
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: Mission Functions Script Loaded!"
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"
18:11:17 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"
18:12:11 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM4."
18:18:06 "[DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM6."

Seems okay, but no markers on the map or something else...

Here is my config:
Code:
/*
DayZ Mission System Config by Vampire
DZMS: https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-DayZMissionSystem
*/

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Do you want your players to gain humanity from killing mission AI?
DZMSMissHumanity = true;

// How Much Humanity?
DZMSCntHumanity = 25;

// Do you want AI kills to count as bandit kills?
DZMSCntBanditKls = true;

// Do you want AI that players run over to not have gear?
DZMSRunGear = false;

// How long before bodies disappear? (in seconds) (default = 2400)
DZMSBodyTime = 2400;

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// You can adjust the weapons that spawn in weapon crates inside DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf
// You can adjust the AI's gear inside DZMSAIConfig.sqf in the ExtConfig folder also.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Do you want vehicles from missions to save to the Database? (this means they will stay after a restart)
// If False, vehicles will disappear on restart. It will warn a player who gets inside of a vehicle.
// This is experimental, and off by default in this version.
DZMSSaveVehicles = false;

/*
There are two types of missions that run simultaneously on a the server.
The two types are Major and Minor missions.

Major missions have a higher AI count, but also have more crates to loot.
Minor missions have less AI than Major missions, but have crates that reflect that.

Below is the array of mission file names and the minimum and maximum times they run.
Do not edit the Arrays unless you know what you are doing.
*/
DZMSMajorArray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];
DZMSMinorArray = ["SM1","SM2","SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6"];

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// The Minumum time in seconds before a major mission will run.
// At least this much time will pass between major missions. Default = 650 (10.8 Minutes)
DZMSMajorMin = 650;

// Maximum time in seconds before a major mission will run.
// A major mission will always run before this much time has passed. Default = 2000 (33.33 Minutes)
DZMSMajorMax = 2000;

// Time in seconds before a minor mission will run.
// At least this much time will pass between minor missions. Default = 600 (10 Minutes)
DZMSMinorMin = 600;

// Maximum time in seconds before a minor mission will run.
// A minor mission will always run before this much time has passed. Default = 990 (16.5 Minutes)
DZMSMinorMax = 990;

/*=============================================================================================*/
// Do Not Edit Below This Line
/*=============================================================================================*/
DZMSVersion = "1.0";
DZMSConfigured = true;

line 4 says Put the "DZMS" folder into your Server.pbo. shouldn't that be ems

or do I need both ems and dzms

This is DZMS. EMS by Fox is using this code as a base, which I gave him permission to do.

Hey Guys, first of all.
The scripts sounds good, but...
Now mission will start, our server is a Epoch Taviana Server...

As you can see in your config
Code:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// The Minumum time in seconds before a major mission will run.
// At least this much time will pass between major missions. Default = 650 (10.8 Minutes)
DZMSMajorMin = 650;

// Maximum time in seconds before a major mission will run.
// A major mission will always run before this much time has passed. Default = 2000 (33.33 Minutes)
DZMSMajorMax = 2000;

// Time in seconds before a minor mission will run.
// At least this much time will pass between minor missions. Default = 600 (10 Minutes)
DZMSMinorMin = 600;

// Maximum time in seconds before a minor mission will run.
// A minor mission will always run before this much time has passed. Default = 990 (16.5 Minutes)
DZMSMinorMax = 990;

It takes at least 10 minutes up to 16.5 minutes for the minor mission to start, and 10.8 to 33.33 for the major mission to start.
As far as I can see, it is working, just be patient.

Back