[Support] ESS

Yes the Id is just an identifier it's a basic (if A = 123) then (A spawn = 456,789,0) there must be something else kicking the around. Possibly the telephone part. What's the rpt say?

It doesnt work for me about the base donator.
But if it working for class why it will not for spawn selection?

Thanks for feedback.

Rpt is completely clear...

The only thing I have different to the instructions is that I have kept the default loadout in mission init as I'm not using the class function.

I tried lifting the block into server functions right under the 2 donor base blocks and that didn't resolve the issue either. In fact all it did was not allocate the loadout at all and just used the default epoch loadout. So I put it back in mission init for now.....

Hey guys, if you want to support both the old and new player IDs so you don't have to change all your donor lists you can do this:
1. In spawn.sqf find this:
Code:
       _donorUID = (getPlayerUID player);
       {if (_donorUID == _x) then {_donorBase = _forEachIndex;};} forEach donorListBase;
Change to:
Code:
       _donorUID2 = (getPlayerUIDOld player);
       {if ((_donorUID == _x) || (_donorUID2 == _x)) then {_donorBase = _forEachIndex;};} forEach donorListBase;

2. Find this:
Code:
if !((getPlayerUID player) in donorListBase) then {ctrlShow [1001,false];ctrlShow [1624,false];};
Change to:
Code:
if (((getPlayerUID player) in donorListBase) || ((getPlayerUIDOld player) in donorListBase)) then {ctrlShow [1001,true];ctrlShow [1624,true];} else {ctrlShow [1001,false];ctrlShow [1624,false];};

3. Find this:
Code:
{if (_donorUID == _x) then {_donorBase = _forEachIndex;};} forEach donorListBase;

Change to:
Code:
   _donorUID2 = (getPlayerUIDOld player);
   {if ((_donorUID == _x) || (_donorUID2 == _x)) then {_donorBase = _forEachIndex;};} forEach donorListBase;

Use these two files (note they are the same for all mods):
https://bitbucket.org/ebay/files/downloads/classfill.sqf
https://bitbucket.org/ebay/files/downloads/classpick.sqf
Hi ebay, my problem is a little different as I never had the old PUID's loaded so am starting fresh from Steam PUID's.

I just can't get the base spawn to work, it throws me into the radiation zone as if it's not recognising the new Steam PUID at all.

Also, is it right that all players can see the 'Base' button even if they're not loaded into the list?

Everything else is working perfectly, I'm not using the class functions, just spawn. I'm on 1051/125548. Using infiSTAR.

Any ideas?

No, the base button should not show for people without bases. If it is then the base check is broken. I would double check any changes you made by comparing with the default files. The OP files should work just the same with steam UIDs as old UIDs. There are no character length dependencies or anything like that.
Then I'm lost as I have now rechecked the install 5 times......

The only thing I'm doing differently to the OP is keeping the default loadout in the mission init as I'm not using the class function. I tried to move this into server functions right under the donor base lists (2 blocks) and it didn't help and also broke the load out.

Any more suggestions? Could it be something to do with that?

Thanks for your help.

aha! In your instructions to just run spawn, when you said "In config.sqf you can remove everything except donorListBase, donorListBases and the pv broadcast for those."

I completely missed the "pv broadcast for those" bit as I didn't know what those were and thought they were just part of those 2 blocks.

So sorry for being a n00b and thanks for helping me.

I promise not to slag off any more of your scripts this week! (as I was wrong on the takeclothes too....)

Maybe a double face palm! :eek:

EDIT: Thanks again ebay. Works perfectly now! :)

Last edited:
I got it working. However, it doesn't seem to work with custom skins, even with the skins installed client side and server side, when I select a class that uses a modded skin it just returns me to the class selection menu. No error in the .RPT file. Is ESS not compatible with custom skins?

@ReDBaroN - My fault, the directions were unclear. That is why I changed them.

@Justin131113 - You can use any skin you want with this. Epoch and Overwatch have a large variety of unbanned skins to pick from. If you are running 1.8.1 then you need to add additional skins in variables.sqf to AllPlayers array and only certain ones work (due to the majority being banned):
Code:
AllPlayers = AllPlayers+["Citizen3","CZ_Soldier_DES_EP1","Rocket_DZ","TK_INS_Soldier_EP1","US_Soldier_EP1","Villager1","Worker1"];

However, if the skin does not work in the mod you are running it is not going to work in this either. You can test if a skin works by running:
Code:
[dayz_playerUID,dayz_characterID,"Camo1_DZ"] spawn player_humanityMorph;

Replace Camo1_DZ with the skin. If your character turns invisible or it doesn't work then that skin is not compatible with your mod. You need to add it to AllPlayers if on Epoch/Overwatch and even then some things may still not work like backpack slots, weapons for civ skins, etc. Another good way to test skins is just load up infistar skin change menu. He pulls all the available skins from the config file directly.

Well it should work because I'm using Icewindo's STALKER Units, which you're able to load in the editor. Also, how would I run that script in multiplayer so that I can see if the skin works? I logged in as admin but I can't find a way to run the script.

EDIT: Well, I tried it with Fred's wardrobe script and it just gives me the same skin and puts me in debug land. I guess the STALKER Units aren't compatible with DayZ, that really sucks since I wanted to make a STALKER themed server.

Last edited:
Hey Ebay, Quick Question im running Epoch 1.0.5.1 on Linux and i installed this mod and get the following error on my RPT -

*Resource class_dialog not found

I appear to select a character and spawn in Debug (Black room cant see anything).

Hopefully you can help me, Dont mind donating if you could help me via skype :) - kano5003

Thanks in advance.

KaNo5003.

@ebay

Thanks again for another awesome script. I will be updating my server soon to 1.8.1 and I am using this version of your spawn selection script on my test server. Everything seems to work great except I have a question for you regarding the donor spawn selections.

I have added the players UID like so:

donorListBase = [
"423526274734743", //CiKeZ
"0",
"0"
];

donorListBases = [
[3597.46,14285.6,0.002], //Garage 1
[],
[]
];

What if I want to add MULTIPLE donators to the same spawn base? Is this possible to add their UIDs on the same line or do I have to create an new line for EVERY donator/base?

Thanks again!!

Hey ebay, switched to Vilayer and have this working great. Awesome ebay... awesome.

Was wondering if you had an Epoch Panthera map put together for this. Was gonna run Sauerland but its just too big for a startup server I think. Let me know.

If not, maybe I can slowly work on one in my spare time. Thanks.

Chi -> I got a wild hair up my butt this morning and decided to unpack my pbo - check it out to make sure all my ESS edits were in place - repacked it - re uploaded it and guess what?

ESS/Halo works now....

I'm at a loss but happy none the less. I can't explain it but you must have been right about pbo manager "Gimping" something upon repack.

I'll completely test it later today to make sure all skins are working etc...

zkirby
Nice. Same thing happened to my on our Survival Servers .pbo when I was using .pbo manager. Though someone in the thread did say they were having the same problem with Vilayer. Its a mystery still... .pbo manager is my excuse at the prestent time... lol. Glad its working for you.

Nice. Same thing happened to my on our Survival Servers .pbo when I was using .pbo manager. Though someone in the thread did say they were having the same problem with Vilayer. Its a mystery still... .pbo manager is my excuse at the prestent time... lol. Glad its working for you.

Also, Survival Servers has a message on there site about using CPBO instead of .pbo manager because PBO Manager has header issues....

SurvivalServers @SurvivalServers · Feb 22
Make sure you use CPBO to pack mission & server files before uploading to your server. PBO Manager has header issues.

Maybe this is the problem at a lot of hosts. Says it causes some scripts not to function properly.

Back