[Support] ESS

Hey Ebay, here is my servercleanup.fsm: http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/32346970/file.html

PROBLEM:
1:27:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: _safety
1:27:03 Error in expression <h allUnits;

dayz_serverObjectMonitor = _safety;>
1:27:03 Error position: <_safety;>
1:27:03 Error in expression <(( (count needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
1:27:03 Error position: <needUpdate_objects) > 0) && (diag_tickTi>
1:27:03 Error Undefined variable in expression: needupdate_objects
1:27:03 Error in expression <
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != "Par>
1:27:03 Error position: <_safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != "Par>
1:27:03 Error in expression <h allUnits;

Yes, in spawn.sqf just modify the two lines that look like this:
Code:
if (haloSelect == 1) then {player setPosATL [_position select 0,_position select 1,2000];[player,2000] spawn BIS_fnc_halo;} else {player setPosATL _position;};

Change all four occurrences of 2000 to 1000. The lower altitude will give them less time to drift. I haven't tested 1000m, so I don't know how it looks. Let me know. If it works good I will lower it in the OP files to like 1500 or 1000.
Hi ebay, this works a treat!

I set all 4 to 1000 altitude, reduced the bodyCheckDistance to 5kms and on my 4 tests managed a maximum drift of 2.5/6 kms. So, yes roughly about half that of the 2000 altitude. So based on that, I think it's fair to assume that 1500 would make for around a maximum of 4 kms.

The halo is fine too, obviously it's shorter but, you still get about 19.5 seconds on every test I did before you hit hard with a thud! :) So plenty of time to open chute a few seconds before that.

I have had these settings running for a couple of hours now on my server and the player feedback is positive in every aspect:
  • More spawn points available after death (because bodyCheckDistance now reduced to 5kms instead of 8kms)
  • Random Spawning on the ground (prevents exploit)
  • Players being able to make sure it's safe to come out of hiding first before looting someone they just shot, rather than feeling they need to hurry in and grab loot before dead player halo/bikes in to retrieve
Win win all round.

What did you think though about a little note somewhere on the map that tells them about not being able to spawn near dead body just, so they stop calling it a bug...?

Hi Ebay so just to confirm the way the script works now it's only "fresh spawns" that get the option to choose a halo spawn and people that have already been on the server can only ground spawn??

If I read that right is there any way to change it back?? I really love this script and want to keep using it but If I can't halo jump on my own server it seems pointless. Any way awesome job Thanks
The version that's currently available for download allows players to halo after death again.

hi mate thanks for the reply. which files do i need to replace with the new files all of them or just the spawn.sqf?
That depends on when you installed it. Your best bet is to pull the files from ebays download link and windiff them (or diffmerge) and check for differences.

For instance, if you installed over a couple of weeks ago, your best bet is a complete reinstall as ebay has change the way this is config'd. If you installed recently you may only need to change spawn.sqf.

Like I say, do a windiff quickly to be on the safe side. It's always worth updating any mods this way... (free download)

Nope, updateObjekct and Monitor are original from pwnoz0r day_server.pbo ...
same problem, cant pickup class, just MAN - WOMAN and then spawn in nowhere .....

im using 1.8.1 ... so i will try it with my new clean server with infistar ... one question, its not to do here, but can somebody give me a PN or something for a loadout script ???
im using pwnozor server ... i know the solution with playerlogin.sqf like if id == "id here##" then bla bla inventory ...
this working greate, but is there another solution for that ??? im using dayz 1.8.1 pwnozor, without mods like epoch ...

hi ebay just wondering using the vip classes is it possible to create say a class for my clan members only as a sort of perk for joining the clan so that when they spawn they can select it if so how do i add my clan members to vip status so they can select the loadout??

and also what are donor points? how do people earn them ? thanks

@scream - Yes, you could designate one of the three VIP classes to your clan. Just rename it however you want in your config. Or you could add another VIP class list below vipClassLvl3. For example add to ESSConfig.sqf:
Code:
vipClassLvl4 = ["0","0","0"];
Put your clan UIDs in the above list

At the bottom add:
Code:
publicVariable "vipClassLvl4";

Then add to presetClasses:
Code:
["My Clan Class","GUE_Soldier_Sniper_DZ",["20Rnd_762x51_DMR","20Rnd_762x51_DMR","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","30Rnd_9x19_UZI_SD","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine"],["DMR","UZI_SD_EP1","Binocular_Vector"],"DZ_Backpack_EP1",[],[],4,0]

Notice I replaced VIP level 3 with 4 at the end. Now in classpick.sqf add another line below the level 3 one:
Code:
if (_level == 4) then {if !(_vipUID in vipClassLvl4) exitWith {titleText ["\n\nThis class is for clan members only.","PLAIN DOWN"];titleFadeOut 4;_go = false;};};

No idea what you are talking about with donor points. There is nothing like that in this mod.

ok i will have a go at trying to do this later. wkd man thanks so much.

with donor points i meant "donor level" lol

in youre example "
  • Name - Each class must have a unique name
  • Skin - Must be a skin compatible with your mod
  • Magazines - Magazines to add in addition to default magazines
  • Weapons - Weapons and tools to add in addition to default weapons. The first weapon in the list should be the primary, because it will be selected and reloaded while spawning in
  • Backpack - Leave as "" for default backpack
  • Bpck Mags - Same format as magazines. Leave as [] for none
  • Bpck Weps - Same format as weapons. Leave as [] for none
  • Donor Level -
0 - Anyone can pick this class
1 - Only players with UIDs in vipClassLvl1 can pick this class
2 - Only players with UIDs in vipClassLvl2 can pick this class
3 - Only players with UIDs in vipClassLvl3 can pick this class

What is donor level? how do people incease/decrease donor level or should i just set all my variables up to let people select classes by humanity and bandit level only??? thanks

@scream - No, I just changed it back yesterday. Everyone will always get halo selection now, unless they are a player zombie on Epoch or they click the random button.

@xtenk - server_cleanup.fsm looks ok. Did you make any changes to server_updateObject.sqf or server_monitor.sqf?

9/3/14 - Files changed: spawn.sqf
  • [Added] notification message if spawn points are blocked
  • [Added] check to ensure there is no plot pole within 45m of spawn point on Epoch. This check does not apply to VIP base spawns
  • [Fixed] Halo altitude lowered to 1500
Hi ebay, just one slight thing....the white say message about blocked spawn points seems to be brief, small and behind the actual map. Can it be brought to the front and last a little longer? (the latter request I'm guessing is a no because of the arma limitations....)

My bad, made it systemChat instead.
hi mate have you changed anything because i tried logging in today using youre new script and now everyone that joins my server is stuck on "requesting character data from the server" and cant get in game??

thanks

ignoe me its working now lol some trouble with ftp i think. awsome love the new changes youre the best.

So I have a question or an idea, is there anyway that instead of HALO you can come in riding a heli that then stops in the relevant spot and you jump out of it? the heli then flies away and despawns.

Has anyone else had this problem? Epoch 1.0.5.1

This was happening before and is still happening after the latest update. Everything works perfect, but at complete random a player will die and when they go to select there class more then half the gear is removed. It does not happen to me.....ever, but I have seen it happen on many players at complete random.

There is the basic loadout and almost all of that is removed and then there is the class loadout and half of that is removed. It will do this for a player one day and then the next day everything is fine for them, but other players will still have the issue. I am running infiSTAR, but I don't want to turn it off as it really helps block hackers.

Just to add this I was speculating a player logging in one time and they selected a class, the gear spawned, the gun loaded and then just disappeared 1 second later. So it is loading and the script is working, but something, I am guessing infiSTAR is telling cretin things at random to remove.

Any ideas? Thoughts or suggestions?

Back