[Support] ESSV2 - Enhanced Spawn Selection V2

Discussion in 'Script/Addon help' started by ebay, Jan 24, 2015.

1. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    feiercrack likes this.
  2. herculys

herculys Member

I would like to thank you for this incredible work.

i have already custom codes on my fn_selfactions like:
    if ((getPlayerUID player) in vipClassLvl3) then {...};
    how i can merge it now its was changed?

and how to disable ground or halo spawn?

and i can add more vip classes like _classLevel4, and _classLevel5, and just set at the end of a public class a lvl like 4, 5, and in spawn by humanity and level i set spawns to 4, 5 or will be more complicated to add more class?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  3. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!

The VIP lists are stored in local variables now instead of global ones. This is so they release their memory when the script is done and are harder for cheaters to change. If you want to use them in other scripts you need to either use #include with the config in the same directory, pass them to the script or assign them to a global variable first. For example, you could copy classConfig.sqf to the same folder as your fn_selfActions.sqf and then add to the top of fn_selfActions:
    #include "classConfig.sqf"

Then you can use those local variables anywhere in fn_selfActions.sqf like:
    if ((getPlayerUID player) in _classLevel3) then {...};

I posted a FAQ below the main release, but it is still waiting on mod approval. I'll just copy paste it here for now:
    see release thread

see the FAQ

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  4. herculys

herculys Member

i put fn_selfactions in spawn folder and added in the top #include "classConfig.sqf" like you said, so i dont have to edit vip ids in three files every time, it worked very fine.
    --
    what about remove ground spawn option, and keep only halo?
    --
    and another thing is about bodycheck distance, how long to spawn option in the city where he died already, appear again? or this will not back until server restart? (because for a pvp server the guy don't will have spots to spawn if options don't come back)
    --
    extra vip classses worked fine.
    --
    and how i remove vip spawn from list?
    --
    in spawnconfig.sqf
    Code:
    _spawnLevel1 = ["0","0","0"];
    _spawnLevel2 = ["0","0","0"];
    _spawnLevel3 = ["0","0","0"];
    we cant replace this with anything like "_classLevel1","_classLevel2","_classLevel3" ? using a #include "classConfig.sqf" so we don't have to add vip ids in 2 files (spawnconfig.sqf & classConfig.sqf) every time we add a new vip??
    --
    thanks again ;)

5. alexlawson

alexlawson OpenDayZ Rockstar!

Still getting this problem ebay. Using the default files with nothing but single currency 3.0 installed, I get no spawns unless I log in just after a restart and im already dead.

RTP: http://pastebin.com/8scpMXuF I couldn't see anything related to the script though.

6. calamity

calamity Well-Known Member

I updated to this latest version. all seems good until spawn location...
    no cherno map appears to choose spawn.
    are we to use our old map.paa
    I tried place old map.paa in the new spawn folder and still didnt show any map to choose spawn point

only difference I see in install is in description and init add
    added to upgrade in init.....
    execVM "spawn\start.sqf"; we do not have to include defines ????

description.ext
    //#include "spawn\defines.hpp"
    #include "spawn\class.hpp"
    #include "spawn\halo.hpp"
    #include "spawn\spawn.hpp"

7. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!

@herculys - I just added your first two questions to the FAQ.

Delete this line from spawnConfig.sqf:
    ["VIP Spawn",[2324,15365,0],1,0]
    Make sure you remove the comma after the last spawn in the list which by default is:
    ["Hero Hideout",[12944,12767,0],0,5000],

That VIP spawn was just an example, it was not meant to be left in.

The _spawnLevelX VIP lists are for allowing access to special VIP spawns you designate. If you aren't restricting any spawns by VIP level in the _spawnPoints list then there is no point in adding UIDs to them. However, if you want to make them clones of the _classLevelX lists you can replace them with this:
    Code:
    #include "classConfig.sqf"
    _spawnLevel1 = _classLevel1;
    _spawnLevel2 = _classLevel2;
    _spawnLevel3 = _classLevel3;
    @alexlawson - Post your spawnConfig.sqf if you made any changes to it.

@calamity - This is a complete rewrite of the old version. You can not use any files from the original with this. They will not work. There is no map image file needed in this version, it uses the map built into the game. You need to do a clean install for this version. Pretty much the only thing you can transfer over is your VIP lists, loadouts and base lists, but even those need some adjusting to comply with the new format explained in the spawn\config file comments.

8. alexlawson

alexlawson OpenDayZ Rockstar!

@ebay No changes have been made im using single currency but doubt that effects it.

9. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!

Did you do step #7 for body check? Try setting body check to -1 in spawnConfig.sqf and see if the spawn list fills correctly for you. Is everything else working like class and halo selection? Check your client RPT. These scripts run pretty much entirely on the client, so server RPT won't show anything. Also make sure you aren't launching your client with -noLogs parameter (dayz launcher does this by default). You can go to Launch > Advanced > uncheck noLogs and check showScriptErrors.

10. herculys

herculys Member

everything worked, but i have to disable body check distance because my server don't want clear bodys :/

and last thing, i'm translating the script for my language and i found this if (_text == "Near MyGroup") in spawn.sqf
    so where i need to translate "Near MyGroup" option? I mean, how many places and where?
    --
    also using single currency and all is working, just for the guy above know.

11. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!

^ There are three occurrences of "Near MyGroup" and "Near MyPlot" in spawn.sqf. That should be the only file you need to translate them in. I was considering adding a stringtable.xml file for this mod, but ended up ditching it. There are a lot of strings, so it would be a big file to add to your mission for six languages. If a lot of people want it maybe I will add it to the github.

I am also running Zupa's 3.0 currency. I took care to name each resource and UI class something unique, so it should not conflict with any other mods that use dialogs.

12. herculys

herculys Member

another thing, i saw in a server using ESSV1, while player in Halo spawn when he get 200m altitude of the ground, he automatic open parachute.
    anyway to do this in this version?
    --
    i am just wondering, why sometimes when you spawn the skins show with colour Red?
    (and yes i can pick up this class)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  13. Rite

Rite Member

Hello great work ebay... I've got a question.
    I have have put repawn links (like the credits and spawn protection) were you said and works great.
    Now i'm trying to find the place to put the links if they enter the game if they don''t die and just spawn.
    Thx

14. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!

That is a great idea. I never thought of it before, but it also prevents easy suicide via never opening chute.

I just added it and made it so random spawn no longer forces ground. Thanks for the suggestion. Files changed:
    haloConfig.sqf, halo.sqf, startSpawn.sqf. Some people also requested the map preview shows an overview of the whole map when it first loads up. It makes sense for random spawn preview to show an overview too. I edited the mapMove function to zoom all the way out and center in those two cases. Files changed: spawn.sqf.
    https://github.com/ebaydayz/ESSV2/commit/08d3e1aaaaeebe4ad4ccc28e91a367138ea34fab
    That is a light source created when the server is on night time so you can see the preview. I thought red was cool, but you can change the color in class.sqf. Find this line:
    Code:
    _light setLightAmbient [1,0,0];
        _light setLightColor [1,0,0];   
    Try changing to [1,1,1] for white light. I have not tested all the colors at night, so please let me know what it looks like. If it looks better than red I will change it.

You could add it to the bottom of spawn\start.sqf. Find:
    Code:
    if (_go) then {
    };
    Change it to:
    Code:
    if (_go) then {
    } else {
        execVM "scripts\myScriptToRunForNonFreshSpawns.sqf";
    };
    If you want the same script to run whether they are fresh spawn or not then you can add it to the very bottom of spawn\start.sqf instead.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Rite likes this.
  15. herculys

herculys Member

in this link has all changes made in all files?
    - is what you deleted?
    and + is what was added?
    --
    _light setLightAmbient [1,0,0];
    _light setLightColor [1,0,0];
    this is the rgb colour R | G | B / 256 ??
    if is i'll try a blue or yellow colour, because the red looks like character is blocked (for noobies)

16. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!

^ Yes, I know GitHub is a little confusing if you aren't used to it.

Red = removed
    Green = added

Usually an existing line was just modified, but it is easier for Git to show the whole line was deleted and a new one was added in its place. If you want to be safe just download the latest release and redo any edits you made.

Yes, RGB:
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setLightAmbient
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setLightColor

White light should make it look normal like day time. To convert 0-255 values to 0-1 just divide by 255. i.e. 125/255 = .49

17. Rite

Rite Member

Thx got it working your the best !

18. |MG| Maximus

|MG| Maximus New Member

Firstly - Ebay this new update looks fantastic! Thank you!

Question: Would it be possible to have certain classes only to have certain spawn points? So say a high level class not able to spawn at the coast - we have a problem with coastal campers :S

19. |MG| Maximus

|MG| Maximus New Member

Please disregard my last post question - i now see spawn features "
    • Restrict by VIP level and humanity level"
    Also spawn at group with DZGM is an epic idea.. wow Ebay this is beyond fantastic! Does that also mean DZGM is redone or being redone?

20. ebay

ebay OpenDayZ Guru!