[Support] ESSV2

Hi, i have this running with sheeps repack and it was working perfectly fine up until a few days ago. Now players are complaining that when they spawn in the air at berebino they spawn like 5k into sea. Also there is so kind of bug where when they die and try to spawn back in they are stuck in the debug area.

Any ideas? Doesn't seem to be many errors in the rpt.

Then you need to go over the install instructions again, because I can tell you body check DOES work :)

Ok I will look. thanks.

EDIT; well for some reason I didn't add that line
_newObject setVariable ["bodyUID", _playerID, true];

Should work noq. thanks.

Last edited:
"spawn\class.hpp, line 6: /ClassDialog/controlsBackground.ClassBackground: Undefined base class 'RscText"
after adding this i get this in my rpt, anyone know how to sort it out?
Thanks

is it possable for players to buy a VIP lvl with money they have in there bank? Set classes in vip with a coin cost?

yes, it could be done. do you want a one time purchase or a vip level that they would have forever? easiest way for permanence would be to keep the vip level on in the users profilenamespace

ok, lets,make sure we are on the same page.
you,want a player to use the in-game coins to buy the ability to choose a VIP loadout. so is this a one time purchase, they get the vip loadout at that moment and never again OR is this a permanent selection ... they can get the loadout every time they spawn?

if its a permanent choice, you have to save that imformation somewhere that we can find it after restarts. There are only 3 places for that:
  1. edit the file manually adding the players uid. this is how its normally done.
  2. in the database. running epoch, pretty sure it still has child:999 calls so we can write an sql query to save and load that info from custom column in players data.
  3. easiest method is profilenamespace which saves variables on the players computer in a binary file so they cant read/write it with normal text editors.
so you could save the purchased vip loadout to profilenamespace with
profileNamespace setVariable ["viploadout",loadoutIndex];
and then retreive it during spawn with
_loadout = profileNamespace getVariable "viploadout";

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/profileNamespace

now if you provide details of what you want and the files you have now ... including your money scripts ..., someone could give you more relevent help.
this method would literally be only a half dozen lines but its dependent on knowing your current loadout setup, what is purchased, and your money.
and it just occurred to me you would need a purchase method. add to a trader ... instead of spawning an item it runs the script. or just have a scroll wheel addaction type menu on some trader or object

Last edited:
I just had a few minutes and was going to work something up for you but now not sure what you wanted.
I assumed you wanted to give a player the loadout/gear that they can choose after spawning in but when I looked at the ESS files I see that the VIP level is a special spawn location.
Code:
2. Spawn format:
[Name, Pos, VIP Level, Humanity Level]
Name - Each spawn must have a unique name. Can be anything. Do not use double quotes " inside.
Pos - Coordinates in AboveTerrainLevel Format [x,y,z]
VIP Level -
0 - Anyone can pick this spawn
1 - Only players with UIDs in _spawnLevel1 can pick this spawn
2 - Only players with UIDs in _spawnLevel2 can pick this spawn
3 - Only players with UIDs in _spawnLevel3 can pick this spawn

Anywho, to add a player dynamically to a VIP spawnlevel we would add this right after LINE 54 in the spawnconfig file.
I am using using these two files
https://github.com/ebaydayz/ESSV2/b...0c3d62324a0cfcd32c32b4d/spawn/spawnConfig.sqf
https://github.com/ebaydayz/ESSV2/blob/45a2ef740e7ee4b940c3d62324a0cfcd32c32b4d/spawn/spawn.sqf
Code:
//this should return _spawnLevel0 or _spawnlevel1  etc  ...
_purchasedVIP = format[_spawnLevel%1",player profileNamespace [getVariable "viplevel",0]];
_purchasedVIP = _purchasedVIP + (getplayeruid player);

I apoligize for incomplete posts, but my time is very limited and I do what I can, when I can.
And later I can make an addaction to buy a vip level and save that to the profilenamespace. And if you wanted the gear, we can do that too.

Last edited:
i wasnt thinking of modifying the current scripts, just adding an optuon outside of thescript. go to trader, select vip status, save it to players profile, check when spawn. seems like it should be simple enough.

i am with you about arma. time to move on. i had fond memories and thought i was start another dayz server but then realized how unbeleivably time consuming it actually is.

Any reason why when players try to spawn at their Donor base it puts them back into "debug" and gives this error in the clients RPT log:

Code:
Error in expression <dDisplay 88890) displayCtrl 8890;
_ctrl ctrlMapAnimAdd [1,_zoom,_grid];
ctrlMapA>
  Error position: <ctrlMapAnimAdd [1,_zoom,_grid];
ctrlMapA>
  Error 4 elements provided, 3 expected
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\spawn\spawn.sqf, line 17

Back