[Support] Soul's Ignite tents

Make it colored like self blood bag and other addons

Code:
s_player_selfBloodbag = player addaction[("<t color=""#c70000"">" + ("Self Bloodbag") +"</t>"),"custom\player_selfbloodbag.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];

When I burn a tent the option is still there to ignite it.
seems only logical since there is no check in place if igniting has already started and the unit is still present ingame.

The color option is just personal flavour but i'll take that up in the original post as a extra customization...

seems only logical since there is no check in place if igniting has already started and the unit is still present ingame.

He's saying you burn a tent, run away, no matter how far away it will still say Ignite Tent until you click it again. Just one of those little things that's not critical but definitely bothersome.

He's saying you burn a tent, run away, no matter how far away it will still say Ignite Tent until you click it again. Just one of those little things that's not critical but definitely bothersome.

i got kinda this problem as well ... thing is once i first get the option to ignite a tent, it wont go away again and will stay for a very very long time ... any way to fix this, since its kinda disturbing, when i can suddently ignite my tent even tho im 20-30m away, but the option is still there?

looking at the code again i think adding (player distance cursorTarget < 1) might do the trick

so then
if(_isTent and _hasMatches and _canDo and !_isMan and (player distance cursorTarget < 1)) then {
if (s_player_igniteTent < 0) then {
s_player_igniteTent = player addAction [format[("<t color=""#ee8900"">" + ("Burn Tent") +"</t>")], "scripts\tent_ignite.sqf",cursorTarget, 0, true, true, "",""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_igniteTent;
s_player_igniteTent = -1;

I'll give it a try and let you guys know.

Oh and mine looks a little different since i made the text orange and changed it to Burn Tent :) Personal preference.

is that a spelling error at the end or is it supposed to look like this:
?

edit:
also i was looking at the other tent actions and they start up like this:

if(cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage" and ...

but the tent burning looks like this:

if(_isTent and _hasMatches and _canDo and !_isMan) then {

maybe it needs to look more like this:

if(cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage" and _hasMatches and _canDo and !_isMan) then {
?

?

edit:

if(cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage" and _hasMatches and _canDo and !_isMan) then {
?

Code:
_isTent = cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage";
maybe you dont have this variable declared at the top of your fn_selfActions.sqf
or it is commented out idk but i had that one in standard... have been using that
for all my tent actions, if you have it should be around where _isStash gets declared.

Also, at the bottom of fn_selfActions.sqf check if you have this
Code:
where all the others are that look like this. I might have forgotten this last bit in the release post.

Code:
_isTent = cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage";
maybe you dont have this variable declared at the top of your fn_selfActions.sqf
or it is commented out idk but i had that one in standard... have been using that
for all my tent actions, if you have it should be around where _isStash gets declared.

Code:
where all the others are that look like this. I might have forgotten this last bit in the release post.

I can't speak for anyone else but _isTent is defined in mine, my guess is he just didn't notice that.
I believe you did in fact forget to add that part, that's probably it!

?

edit:

?
No syntax error, any opened ( needs to be closed with )
if(_isTent and _hasMatches and _canDo and !_isMan and (player distance cursorTarget < 1))

Code:

thats what i was missing ... thanks, it works now ;)

My server version 1.7.6.1 and use your script but after auto restart tent not be removed.

that is completely normal as i said this script whas for dayz 1.7.7 +
they changed alot of variables and your still on an older version
wich uses different variables to publish a delete action on the database.

Now if you want me to fix this to work on dayz 1.7.6 get me a copy of your player_packTent.sqf
file wich you find under dayz_code\compiles

Back