unpack it to your Arma2 OA Folder, start Dayz with override @Taviana18
settings.JPG

Download (Server):
https://github.com/Sharkking/Taviana-X
(Git has been closed)
new Link: http://www.sharkworks.de/dayz/taviana/Taviana-X.zip

Vehicle spawn Hotfix
https://github.com/Sharkking/Taviana-X/blob/master/SQL/object_spawnFIX.sql
( see http://www.opendayz.net/posts/78970/ )

Features:
Its Taviana 1.0 running on dayz 1.8 code.
The Build is based on Pwnoz0r´s private Hive.​
Rolling Changelog
[added] BE filters
[changed] all mission related files are now kept in MPmissions Folder instead of dayz_code.pbo
[fixed] spawn into water (debug)
[fixed] swimming on the surface on respawn
[fixed] wrong signature. dayz_weapons is now signed correctly
----------------
[changed] reverted back from 10 to 6 crashsides.
[fixed] only 5 out of 10 spawnpoints where adressed during player_setup function.​
----------------
[Initial release]​
[changed] - HiFi_Enviroment replaces some original Arma2 environmental sounds
[replaced] - Taviana player spawn areas replaced with 10 new ones on both islands
[renewed] - All vehicle spawns have been made new (480 total, 250 standard limmit). No additional Vehicles other than originally allowed ones have been used.
[removed] - removed infected camps
[changed] - 10 Crashsites (Standard 3) on Both Islands with differnt Heli/Car/Truck/Tank Wrecks
[changed] - refuel script: Refuel time is doubled, Refuel can be set on/off through init.sqf by Server Admins
[new] - Implemented Axemans Street/House/Towerlighting. Lights can be generally switched on/off through init.sqf by Server Admins. Houselights have a 65% chance to come up and a 45 % chance to flicker and fail​
Known Bugs/Problems
Lights may not work on west island​
Credits
dayz mod team (DayZ)
Martin Bauer (Taviana 2.0)
Axeman (Lights)
Mark XIII (Hifi_Sounds)
Pwnoz0r (private Hive)
Opendayz.net (Inspirations, Ideas, Helps)
Feedback
sorry for my poor english
any feedback / suggestions / critics are welcome​

Last edited:
I have no plans for commander at the moment. Once the build is stable enough (Client is ready, but server needs some debugging) it might be worth a try, but might also be blocked like tacs build.

I had "Dayz RisingSun" in my mind. But since its not really a mod idk if i should change the name to somewhat else.
It should be seen more as a framework. Easy to update once a new dayz version comes out and customizable via Mission by server admins.

I appreciate your work, really. But this will end like the Tact's Tavi Build.

Edit: I spoke too quick, thanks for giving taviana a second life !

Nice work sharkking, I am currently working on a port for Taviana with the 1.8 as well just wondered if you had or your crafting working along with the database saving players location when logging back in and out of the server

player location saving is working except the known swiming bug on relog.
I haven´t checked crafting yet as the 1.8.0.2 hotfix is out and trashed the player spawn changes i made.
Will have a look into this l8ter this evening

How many different Taviana builds are there now? I'd prefer this one being it's updated to the latest code.

I don't see this getting on DayZ Commander either. DotJosh sold out to Origins and won't touch anything Taviana.

We need someone to create an OpenDayZ launcher to rival DZC.

I am not entirely sure how many there is in the works as I don't know sharkkings full intention of doing with this build whereas myself going for a mod based around "Endgame and zombie survival as I think we all know zombies have not been a real threat for some time now" as we know stand-alone is not long around the corner (hopefully released this year).

My intention ? I am addicted to Taviana ^. But since it´s so much outdated I think it would be good to have a most up2date version that can be used by serveradmins. We could work together if you like, would speed things up.
The vision is to have a Taviana CLient/server based on the actual Dayz Major release (1.8 / 1.9 whatever) and provide delta updates for Client and Server (Since Taviana is huge on its own it would be better to just download 250mb than 1,2+ gig every time)

Y'know - Shark. You could just work with Ian and I, and join the team.

Edit: And it'll get on DZC that way no problem at all, as well as push the existing Taviana servers to upgrade ;)

Y'know - Shark. You could just work with Ian and I, and join the team.

Edit: And it'll get on DZC that way no problem at all, as well as push the existing Taviana servers to upgrade ;)

I really wish I could believe this, but my hopes have been shattered enough times now that I don't. :(

As long as he is willing, Ian and I are interested in collaboration.
I'm too damn busy with other things, Ian has a full time job and a family - we just couldn't justify the work. However, Shark here appears to be motivated, and the work he has shown so far appears solid.

Might I ask what happened with Tactical_Force then? He has a fully-working build ready and I ran the server for several weeks with minimal bugs.

I thought at one point he was working with Ian and yourself?

He expressed a desire to take Taviana in his own direction design-wise - so it ended up not working out.

So really you just want him to finish your work because that is what it seems like you're trying to say? If he is to take a different direction later on in the build that you would like him to would you do the same thing to him "So it does not work out"

Honestly that's fine with me whitesoldier94 because as much as it sucks we need Hicks' name behind the project in order for it to get on DZC and that's the only reason that these mods will go some where. If it doesn't get to DZC then it's pointless.

Taviana needs an update very very badly and I really hope Sharkking takes you up on the offer Hick's. Even if he does the majority of the work, the name that comes with the partnership is worth it in the end.

Well I guess you could always make a fresh port of the 1.8 on to the map from the armaholic site? I am not trying to go against Hicks's work here it is just a query

I do not mind which way anything goes, I just want to see Taviana where it belongs at the very top as it is quite easily the best map so far

Back