Taviana 2.0 for Dayz 1.8 (Sharks Build)

It doesn't matter what map you start from, the point is Josh will NOT put it on commander without Hick's tied to it.

Okay that seems much more clear now… I really don't know why I just received a message saying I was being abusive or overly aggressive on this Post? I had nor have no intention on being aggressive or targeting anyone I just want to see something happen as all of the previous attempts have gone flop midway into development

Y'know - Shark. You could just work with Ian and I, and join the team.

Edit: And it'll get on DZC that way no problem at all, as well as push the existing Taviana servers to upgrade ;)

Would appreciate to get in contact. Since i have also to deal with a full time job and family my time is mostly limmited to the evenings/nights.

Post updated with link to serverfiles. Since i wasn´t able to get the 1.8.0.2 "hotfix" working i decided to wait for the 1.8.1 release with nex update. Meanwhile its fun to siphon from Zeds while they are running arround you ^

Well I am going to carry on with my build as I am and if I come across anything and find a solution I will post a fix on my post I will be posting once I have a steady build running

A few things:

• Hicks isn't blocking anyone from getting on to DayZ Commander. We actually put Tactical_Force in touch with Josh directly, and I discussed with Josh what new things were in Tact's mod and made it clear that Tact was using the public version of the Taviana map, and that we had no issue with the use of dayztaviana.com content (which is mainly the loot tables from memory).
  • Kinghunt probably isn't blocking anyone from getting on DayZ Commander, either. Josh works closely with Eric S (the owner of DayZ.ST), and DayZ.ST pays practically all of the bandwidth costs of DayZ Commander. DayZ.ST was quite specifically barred from running DayZ Origins, to DayZ.ST's commercial detriment; go look for posts from Eric about it if you have doubts.
  • Upgrading from dayztaviana.com 2 to Tactical_Force's current version has quite a few road bumps for well established sites (most of which have loads of custom scripting and custom vehicle handling), which is why it isn't really suitable to replace Taviana 2 in DayZ Commander. If Sharkking's version is a smooth upgrade (which even in the current version it seems to be) then there's no reason why it couldn't just replace the existing Taviana 2 in DayZ Commander, bypassing any roadblocks for inclusion (Josh isn't even involved in updates any more, they are done through a web interface).

Btw, tacts tavi was never intended to replace taviana 2.0, as it was supposed to be a separate mod.
Anyway... it's about time something is done to taviana! Thumbs up to anyone who has the time and commitment to do it! :)

Btw, tacts tavi was never intended to replace taviana 2.0, as it was supposed to be a separate mod.
Anyway... it's about time something is done to taviana! Thumbs up to anyone who has the time and commitment to do it! :)

Yup, doing some kind of merge was my suggestion (so that servers owners could easily migrate; nothing will kill enthusiasm for a map faster than having to clean reset or do complex migration scripts) but they were already quite different at the outset.

project fully upgraded to 1.8.0.2 , fixed some issues. Due to the amount of changes in the past Dayz Updates its a full download. Hoping next time a Delta Update will be ready. Uploading to dropbox now.

Please leave suggestions what to add next.

vehicles (SUV colors! Gyrocopters!), skins, weapons, map eu additions (so we can add additional bases/compounds/cities).

Everything else we can add as far as scripts go.

I can see it being some time yet as the build has just been moved to the new hot fix 1.8.3.
Sharkking will be uploading the new files at the builds current state within the next day or so when he has time.
Once he has done that development will begin again and hopefully should have a nice new modernised/updated version of Taviana sometime soon. At the moment it is the case of getting the basic functions of 1.8 build working properly with Taviana and then the fun parts can be added vehicles and weapons etc whatever sharkking has in mind.

Back