Taviana 2.0 for Dayz 1.8 (Sharks Build)

Well it is still in the very early stages development and yes the spawn location would be very helpful on a map with such a large scale as Taviana. I have not spoken to sharkking about this feature yet on whether it is staying or being improved.

Spawn selection is part of the EU version of taviana (1.5 I believe).

I don't care either way if it's added or not, I have 55 custom spawn locations that are completely random across both islands :D

Sorry for the silence in the past days. Had to fight with an infection. We keep on adding basic things now until dayz 1.8.1 is out.

any chance to get it out before on 1.0.8.3? I'm really excited for this update and don't want it to die out like the other builds.

Plus I'm sick of some of the issues on the old 1.7.4.4 code!

any chance to get it out before on 1.0.8.3? I'm really excited for this update and don't want it to die out like the other builds.

Plus I'm sick of some of the issues on the old 1.7.4.4 code!

the current build is on 1.8.0.2

some screens of the upcoming build. Spent a lot of time for loottables and night lights.

t18_1.jpg

t18_2.jpg

t18_3.jpg

risingsun.jpg

just a funny scene you may find on the map​

Take your time, Sharkking. The last thing we need is the map finally getting to DZC and being full of bugs.

Nice work. Glad to see you're putting the time into the night time for the server.

I agree with not releasing something with loads of bugs, but I'd also like to get a release out sooner rather than later to give something to those loyal Taviana players that have been around way before the Origins debacle.

I know you used to run Taviana servers as well Limp so you know where I am coming from :D

I agree with not releasing something with loads of bugs, but I'd also like to get a release out sooner rather than later to give something to those loyal Taviana players that have been around way before the Origins debacle.

I know you used to run Taviana servers as well Limp so you know where I am coming from :D

I hear you, Cen. Taviana did really well for us. I have this current build running already on our dedicated box. I have been screwing around with several different scripts to see what works correctly.

Sorry Sharkking. I should be doing a better job of providing feedback. I really haven't had a chance to play as much as I would like to, but when I have played there hasn't been any issues. I will be putting the server up today for an extended period of time. We have about 25-30 regular DayZ players in our clan and hopefully some of them will get in the server to test.

I only made a couple changes for testing. Added a debug monitor w\ GPS location and disabled weather.

Anyone else wanting to get on the server is free to do so.

Alright, so what's left to do before getting this on commander?

I think waiting for 1.8.1 isn't a great idea (could be a month or more). I would say if the current build is stable, add a few weapon/vehicle packs and call it a day :D

Got to play on the test server for an extended period of time. Runs great!!! A few other things I want to test still.

Have a couple questions that I will post when I am not mobile.

a quick lookout for the next release under the name "Rising Sun"

[update] uses dayz 1.8.0.3
[new] added small and medium bloodbags for self-bloodbag (modified krixes selfbloodbag. credits to Krixes)
small = 1500 blood , available in combat, 1 min reuse time, 10% infection risk, 10 sec transaction duration
medium = 6000 blood, available when not in combat, 5 min reuse time, 10% infection risk, 30 sec transaction duration
[changed] lowered overall zed and loot spawn by ~ 10-20%
[changed] loot tables to fit taviana (previously used the standard ones) and to take care about bloodbags
[changed] all types of wrecks can now spawn as crash site (yea a burning ural wreck looks awesome) with random EAST/WEST loottable selection
[changed] 8 crashsites can be spawned max.
[changed] re-enabled infected camps to be spawned arround the map (max 8)
[new] added ~ 800 mission objects to (hopefully) beautify the map,
[new] added new loadingscreen to identify it as a mod
[changed] unlocked various civilian models for later usage (...)
[changed] houselights are now lowered and more random (65% chance to fail and flicker) to lower the overall lightsources (arma can´t handle too much lights)
[removed] Axemans streetlights have been removed, enabled default arma lights (sadly yet without lightbulbs).
[removed] policecar since it has no proper hitpoint configuration (asked for permissions on a cool little pack instead)
[new] ASC_EU_Lights and MAP_EU has been added.

Todo until release: a lot :)

Back