Taviana 3.0 Update

@Nonov,

I have recently run both a Tavi.eu and .com server, and on both map versions one sorta can get into the stadium stands by repeatedly running against a texture or polygon seam from the soccer field. Same with getting back onto the field from the stands. However, it is a lengthy, hit or miss process which has also resulted in a broken leg or two during the attempt. What I would like to see is an actual passage through which players can pass from the field to the stands in back.

On one server, I added scaffolding on the soccer field to allow this passage more easily, but of course it did not look right.

Gotcha, problem would be really though that it's a model created by someone and used with permission, so you can't just change it. THEY would have to change it or you would have to have the source files to modify... (I'm not 100pct sure but I believe "Pathetic_Berserker" is the one who made it originally)

Not sure whether or not that's the case with Hicks' team and Taviana assets or not...

But Martin the original creator of Taviana hasn't really even spent any time fixing little stuff like trees clipping through buildings, so getting a huge change like that I don't think is going to happen... this is all conjecture though... I would work in the editor placing steps or something else in front of the wall, like you did with the scafolding but perhaps try to find an object that's a better fit from one of the editor expansions like @Caa1 or @JohnEditorUpdate.

**EDIT**

and after a little research he IS open to releasing the source files but that means someone being SERIOUS about fixing it... which is NOT a small task.

--------------
USAGE
--------------
- feel free to use thenm on your island
- modify the demo mission any way you see fit
- or just place them in editor. Though I would strongly recomend using 'iOnOs' Real Time Editor for placement
found here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85766

- give credit when you feel credit is due.
- Do not attempt to extract the mlods for modification or rip any part of this addon
- If you do feel crazy enough to want to rip my addon just let me know and I may see what I can do about supplying source files.

UNQUOTE

Thank you, Nonov for all the footwork inquiry you did on this. I think Taviana is one of the best DayZ maps for many reasons, including but not limited to its sheer size, complexity of highway and city infrastructure, sea, land and air exploration potential/reward, etc.

Cannot wait for 3.0 to hit, at any rate ... and thank you again.

I know this is probably off topic but we are trying to setup/install a community taviana server. I have Arma2 CO installed but could use some direction/ help on installing the rest of the DayZ taviana package. its a bit confusing with all the various packages available and not knowing which to choose..which has the best support or isultimately the best package to install in terms of updating, administering and hack prevention.

Any help is much appreciated.

Where the hell is the update?

This is a serious question...

Where the hell do you get off being not just demanding.. but OBNOXIOUSLY demanding?

These guys and ALL devs are spending some if not lots of money, TONS of their free time, and endless energy on these mods...

How is it you feel you deserve ANYTHING especially when he's clearly outlined what/why and HOPEFULLY when...

Give the freaking guys a break, you clearly have NO CLUE how complicated or time consuming this stuff can be.

You are more demanding than I would allow a paying customer to be with an employee in a retail environment if I were a manager, and I come from the "the customer is always right school"...

Stop being a dick, ask nicely, and don't get upset if they don't answer... I'd personally prefer they spend their time working on the mod not checking on or getting stressed out by forum posts by asshats.

I have to agree with Nonov. I am new to DayZ server administration/Arma 2 coding and I have to say that coding even a small item can take hours and hours (for me at least). How these guys that bring us all these awesome mods find time with family and work ... that's crazy. That said, I too am highly anxious for the 3.0 update.

This is a serious question...

Where the hell do you get off being not just demanding.. but OBNOXIOUSLY demanding?

These guys and ALL devs are spending some if not lots of money, TONS of their free time, and endless energy on these mods...

How is it you feel you deserve ANYTHING especially when he's clearly outlined what/why and HOPEFULLY when...

Give the freaking guys a break, you clearly have NO CLUE how complicated or time consuming this stuff can be.

You are more demanding than I would allow a paying customer to be with an employee in a retail environment if I were a manager, and I come from the "the customer is always right school"...

Stop being a dick, ask nicely, and don't get upset if they don't answer... I'd personally prefer they spend their time working on the mod not checking on or getting stressed out by forum posts by asshats.
I'm not demanding a thing, but when they say "first week of March" then "before the end of the month" and don't care enough to say "hey guys, still running a few weeks behind, it'll be out before May", it irks me and a few others, don't give the fans deadlines, then get pissy when they're disappointed at missing the deadlines without a word...

As for time consuming, it takes less than a minute to open your browser, locate the thread, and post a small update...

Otherwise whats the point? We're all still playing Tavi in the vague hope of getting an update, meanwhile even Takistan has been updated, whilst we're stuck with outdated builds, swimming spawns etc...

We're all highly anticipating the update...

hey hicks what about unbanning all of the guns on the map so that we can decide what we want to put in? i was really pulling for this one as i now have 85 guns in tavi that are not found there normaly but with the scars we hare having a problem where if you log out and back in with the gun in your hand it gets deleated. any way that you can do that? all of the other 77 or so guns work fine just the scars but i would like to add more. you dont need to add them to the loot tables we can do that ourselves but just make them render. thanks for the update.

I'm not demanding a thing, but when they say "first week of March" then "before the end of the month" and don't care enough to say "hey guys, still running a few weeks behind, it'll be out before May", it irks me and a few others, don't give the fans deadlines, then get pissy when they're disappointed at missing the deadlines without a word...

You are totally demanding things, not just updates that were stated to be tentative and NOT anyone on the teams top priority (think Jobs, Families, Kids in lots of cases)... You, your gaming community, your want for the game... are all awesome, and greatly apreciatted I'm sure... but your entitled obnoxious attitude needs to be left at the door...

You DO realize that Hicks & Team made this version of Taviana BECAUSE they were in the same situation as you for .eu and instead of whining about it, started a dev team and have kept updating it for months...

CHILL OUT, they will finish when/if they can. You think that a DayZ Mod "deadline" (that was stated to be a HOPEFUL one) means more than ANY of the dev's real life jobs? or families?

Get over yourself. Either do something to help or sit patiently and shut up.

As for time consuming, it takes less than a minute to open your browser, locate the thread, and post a small update...

Otherwise whats the point? We're all still playing Tavi in the vague hope of getting an update, meanwhile even Takistan has been updated, whilst we're stuck with outdated builds, swimming spawns etc...

We're all highly anticipating the update...

It's distracting, and if you were a coder, or modder you'd KNOW that your phone buzzing with some alerts about the thing that is keeping you up and making you nuts (about the fact that you were up till 4am last night working on a GAME that you likely don't even have time to play anymore to ENJOY with ALL of your free time) that you're prob. ACTIVELY working on is just a tad annoying...

I for example am so pissed by your attitude (and the general entitled attitude of the DayZ player crowd) that I'm writing this instead of working on the mod I'm contributing to...

You don't like something in a mod? FIX IT... these are freaking mods, made by people, not unlike yourself... well other than the fact that they are WORKING on them instead of playing them and complaining to the people who DO.

hey hicks what about unbanning all of the guns on the map so that we can decide what we want to put in? i was really pulling for this one as i now have 85 guns in tavi that are not found there normaly but with the scars we hare having a problem where if you log out and back in with the gun in your hand it gets deleated. any way that you can do that? all of the other 77 or so guns work fine just the scars but i would like to add more. you dont need to add them to the loot tables we can do that ourselves but just make them render. thanks for the update.

On our port We unbanned the Scars on the last update and they give us the same error, lost on disconnect/reconnect.

I'm not sure what causes the problem but I one of the guys was looking at it, I can find out if he figured it our or not.

That would be great we are adding the guns to the loot table threw the chopper crashes and care packages and wreks. also im having one more problem and that is when i add in my halo jump script on the server. not the spawns but just the halo jump it wont let me jump from the ospreays or the c130s actually it wont let me jump from specific seats like back seat or the passanger seats any idea why that is lol. that and the bug with the scars are the last problems im having on my server. i have a lot of other mods but just cant figure those out. if you want i can upload my mission file to drop box if you want to take a look at it. i have been asking every ware for a solution to these 2 problems but can seem to find the fix.

still no word? lol any more reports as to what your still working on? just something? Thanks for all of your hard work!
Hicks_206 was last seen: Mar 22, 2013
I'm not waiting anymore, Tavi 2.0 although it uses 1744 is good enough so I started modding that one again :)

When you say modding what is it that you mean exactly?
Because what you really should be doing if you are modding is implementing the changes of vanilla DayZ. That is what most are waiting for.

For now at least, it's somewhat up to server owners who run Tavi to keep the torch burning. I suspect Hicks may have a surprise hidden up his sleeve for us Taviana fans ... that is my hope at least. At any rate, until the update hits, server owners will have to modify stock 2.0 as they see fit to make it more interesting. I for one would be interested in doing yet another version of Taviana, but with all the politics involved, that does not seem posssible unless you were to keep it private. Taviana is such a great map that it belongs in the DayZ public realm. My thoughts, anyway.

As for the implementing of vanilla dayz I have to disagree with you on that. When ever I add something new to my map like halo jumps or cargo drops my players start playing more. Haveing the same old experiance gets old after a while. Im actualy looking into makeing more mods here soon to keep them coming back.

As for the implementing of vanilla dayz I have to disagree with you on that. When ever I add something new to my map like halo jumps or cargo drops my players start playing more. Haveing the same old experiance gets old after a while. Im actualy looking into makeing more mods here soon to keep them coming back.

I have been doing the same, but also trying to mod zombie behavior , spawn rate and damage to player, etc. I agree that Taviana 2.0 is a great platform on which to build a unique server. However, in my opinion a 3.0 version could be even better, although the 1.7.6.1 zombies feel much less threatening as a whole.

Back