Taviana 3.0 Update

As for the implementing of vanilla dayz I have to disagree with you on that. When ever I add something new to my map like halo jumps or cargo drops my players start playing more. Haveing the same old experiance gets old after a while. Im actualy looking into makeing more mods here soon to keep them coming back.
Maybe I wasn't exactly doing a good job of getting across my point but when I say implementing the latest vanilla DayZ changes I am not particularly eager to see toilet paper making its grand debut on Taviana rather then things that prevent combat logging, hacking and introduce bug fixes in general. Also I don't want 700 weapons to choose from or Zeds that sound like mating moose when it halves my frames. So don't go in that direction either. Get the basics right first before adding more stuff.
Then again unless rocket doesn't fuck up royally not sure if digging deep in the code is even worth it. That also pertains to crying for Hicks and others to release new stuff.

Guess so. I wouldn't really bother much anymore. Its either going to happen or its not. Think thats just the way it is.

I basically modded my Tavi 2.0 server to have zombies spawn while in and attack in cars, etc. so I am content at the moment, but some kind of word on 3.0 would be nice.

yea now if you could remove the dots so it would make it harder to see tents and vehicles then i would not need to upgrade so badly. that is the main reason that im waiting for this update. i would like to know more about the code that you put in to do that though.

Wait for the public release of Dayz Origins 2.0, it has Tavi 3.0 and 1.7.6.1. Hicks hasn't been online here for a month so no point in waiting.

yea now if you could remove the dots so it would make it harder to see tents and vehicles then i would not need to upgrade so badly. that is the main reason that im waiting for this update. i would like to know more about the code that you put in to do that though.

The fast and easy way to make zombies spawn on Tavi 2.0 while your players are in vehicles is simply to make a file named player_spawnCheck.sqf in your server mission PBO fixes folder, and then to copy and paste into it the code from a 1.7.5.1 or above player_spawnCheck.sqf. that you find in your DayZ Code for any as mentioned suitable mod version. What you do then is add a code hook to your server mission PBO init.sqf which overrides the default Taviana 2.0 player_spawnCheck.sqf. Essentially, the line of code from that file that makes it happen is:

Code:
_inVehicle = vehicle player isKindOf "player";

As for zombies attacking players in vehicles, you can do the same as above, but with the file player_zombieAttack.sqf.

Both .sqfs can be found in the compile folder of the unpacked DayZ Code PBO of any DayZ Mod client side files.

Forgive my ignorance but what are the rules when it comes to editing taviana? Or any map for that matter

Would the author allow people such as myself to use taviana as a base for something new as origins did?

I'm it very up on royalties or rights or alike.

From my understanding, there's been quite an uproar and battle over rights to use the Taviana map for anything other than Origins. You should be able to find info on that with a quick google search. As for other Arma 2 maps, I think you'd have to get permission from it's creator. Personally, I think the best bet would be to create a new map from scratch and port it over to DayZ. Then you have fewer worries when it comes to securing rights.

It's a real shame, Taviana is such a great map.

I have some ideas for a map and with being a stay at home dad, I have good amounts of time.

Would you care to point me in the direction of how I may go about starting such a project? Map design is something I have never tried.

You're welcome. I have had some ideas as well - for an Arma2/DayZ map - for some time, but time ... that is the issue. You really have to appreciate the time it must have taken some of these DayZ developers to just port a map, let alone create a new one as well. For now I am satisfied with customizing my own server map; seeing how far I can go with it before it becomes something completely new.

The fast and easy way to make zombies spawn on Tavi 2.0 while your players are in vehicles is simply to make a file named player_spawnCheck.sqf in your server mission PBO fixes folder, and then to copy and paste into it the code from a 1.7.5.1 or above player_spawnCheck.sqf. that you find in your DayZ Code for any as mentioned suitable mod version. What you do then is add a code hook to your server mission PBO init.sqf which overrides the default Taviana 2.0 player_spawnCheck.sqf. Essentially, the line of code from that file that makes it happen is:

Code:

As for zombies attacking players in vehicles, you can do the same as above, but with the file player_zombieAttack.sqf.

Both .sqfs can be found in the compile folder of the unpacked DayZ Code PBO of any DayZ Mod client side files.

I was just stumbling Tavi 3.0 threads to see if there has been any news and saw this. I'm really interested to have zombies spawn from players who are inside vehicles. I tried to follow your steps, but somehow managed to get loot spawning but no zombies, at all. Even if I get out of a vehicle and run around for 10 minutes.

Here's what I did;

1) Grab the file dayz_code.pbo from my @DayZ folder in my Arma 2 OA installation folder (bearing in mind I have vanilla DayZ up-to-date)

2) Un-PBO it and found the file player_spawnCheck.sqf in the path dayz_code\compile

3) Un-PBO my dayz_mission.pbo and paste player_spawnCheck.sqf in to dayz_mission\fixes

4) Add the following line to the init.sqf file:

Code:
player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_spawnCheck.sqf";

5) Pack my dayz_mission.pbo and upload it to my test server

Just before I clicked 'post reply' I checked the player_spawnCheck.sqf for the line:

Code:

But could not find this line. I did instead find the line:

Code:
_inVehicle = (vehicle player != player);

So, I replaced the line that was there, with the line you gave but it has made no difference. Loot spawn whilst I'm in a vehicle and when I run around, but zombies do not spawn at all. Obviously I have plenty of back ups, but I would like to implement this. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

In your server mission init.sqf for Taviana find these lines of code:

Code:
// (Taviana) Instead, call a copy of the DayZ 1.7.4.4 compiles:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions

Directly beneath those lines, place this:

Code:
player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_spawnCheck.sqf";

What I did, instead of altering the stock 2.0 player_spawnCheck.sqf, was to make a new one as I instructed with Notepad++, and then copy and paste the player_spawnCheck.sqf from Taviana.eu. In that version, zombies spawn while players are in cars. Just make sure you are defining the right path to your new player_spawnCheck.sqf in your init.sqf i.e. if you place it in a fixes folder or wherever, and you have to exec it like I showed above.

Thanks for the quick reply. (I think) I've found the issue.

To fix it I used the @Taviana folder and found the dayz_code.pbo. In that I found the player_spawnCheck.sqf, copied and pasted this over the player_spawnCheck.sqf I had tried in my dayz_mission.pbo's fixes folder. I then used your line:

Code:

and pasted it over the line:

Code:
_inVehicle = ...

Now it seems to work just fine.

Edit; previously, I wasn't using the stock 2.0 player_spawnCheck.sqf, but the DayZ 1.7.6.1 player_spawnCheck.sqf

Back