Taviana 3.0 Update

shouldnt this work like this way?
if you want taviana with the taviana own dayz mod (if the files are included so far)... start only @taviana
if you start with @taviana,@epoch it should load the mapfiles of taviana and the dayz files of epoch so far?

isnt this also the reason why the map should be loaded first and the mod last in the parameter?

this is what i have read somehwere in the beginning of my dayz playing/modding
so i could have been wrong informed the whole time !!?

The issue Gagi2 is that once this update goes live all of us that run Taviana Epoch with the 2.0 version will have to tell people to either NOT upgrade their Taviana version on commander or they will need to downgrade versions like you have to do with Namalsk now which is a pain if you have players that still play the regular version of the mod.

Epoch needs to update it's DayZ base code to 1.0.8+ and it wouldn't be an issue.

I doubt Epoch will ever move to the same code as Taviana. The newest Epoch update scheduled to come out might be the last for a while with the developers moving to the Arms 3 Epoch mod.

Would be nice to see Epoch have its own launcher.

In the end this discussion is meaningless if we don't see the actual release of Taviana 3.0. :)

once it´s almost ready to release we will get in touch with the epoch guys to provide a pre-release. Hopefully they can code a fix ?

will the origins sector b island be included in this 3.0 version too? so we can build our own sector there ^^
you inspired me to create District Z.
Short story: Formerly arrested Bandits and Terrorists entrenched at Isle Shibenik. The Military invasion to arrest them aign failed. Now they have Military supplys and are willing to defend them.

Features:
- redesigned Isle Shibenik
- random ammount of AI (15-20)
- random very rare weapons
- random location of the weapons cache
- no zeds (credit to Sarge´s ZED Nuke script)
- a rare chopper might spawn
- Since the isle is out of map bounderies lost vehicles are moved away on server restart, Log out on the isle results in reset to one of the spawnpoints.
- Mission can be turned on/off by Serveradmins

pictures will follow.

districtZ_2.jpg

WIP
districtZ_3.jpg

WIP
districtZ_4.jpg

WIP
districtZ_5.jpg

most of the stuff is ready yet. I have planned to do a public test maybe in 1-2 weeks.
This is mostly to debug the server and client scripts during gameplay with more players.
Informations will be provided soon.

sorry for the long silence. RL Work was taking much time.

Nevertheless there was some good process while concentrating on the vehicles and loot balance as well as fixing some of the bugs found by the testers (thank you again)

below some footage of the actual vehicle classes.

deep checked the leveling system and fixed a bug with players spawning with the wrong skin when bandit or hero level was gained.
added a +10 humanity gain for each zed kill.

played arround with the crafting system. The recipies are not fixed yet but working. Parts can be used to repair vehicles.

crafting1.jpg

Back