Test Server Setup Issues

delpi

I just build a new PC with Windows 10 and I'm having an issue with setting up a test server on it.

I set things up the same as I have on all my other PC's. Copy arma 2 and then AO into a folder. Put the Dayz Mod files in from latest download. Setup database, copy over the config files from the last test server and the serverstart.bat with the adjusted path.

The server starts up without any error code. I launch the client from the same pc and find it easy.

As soon as I try to connect it says "session lost". There is nothing in the logs on server or client except that i disconnected.

I ran the client on the new PC and connected to both my real server and the test server on old PC.

I tried to run the client on old PC to the server on the new PC. Same issue as connecting from a client on new PC to itself.

I reinstalled the 32 bit and 64 bit windows 2010 C++ and 2013 distribution just in case.

I also started over fresh again just to make sure.

tried running server in admin mode and separately in comparability mode for windows 7.

No change with any of the above.

Any ideas? I'm stumped without any log info to try and chase down at this point.

sounds like some sort of port blocking issue. disable windows firewall and test.

maybe ignore that, if the port was blocked you wouldnt have been connected in the first place.

Last edited:
How about since the server works on your old pc, try temp renaming the server folder on the new pc as a backup and then copy the working server folder from the old pc to the new pc to see if it runs or not. this is how I work my live/test servers for DayZ. Unless your trying to run a diff version of DayZ or a CLEAN copy without mods/tweaks.

or... have you thought about just using the STEAMCMD batch file to install/update your arma2/dayz files for a server? You can get a clean/working server setup doing it that way. When I get home I can provide all the details about getting it to work if you like. examples/weblinks/etc.

I was having this issue after the arma2 update. I kept thinking it was the server and in my case, it was the client. I needed to run arma2oa.exe and steam as admin. You posted this before the update, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Thanks. I never could get it to work right. I tried admin and such, but didn't work. Eventually I copied all the files over from my old PC to the new PC and the test server works fine. Something file in my arma install was fubar is the only thing I can think of.

Back