TOTAL CALAMITY Taviana server please help populate

So I figured I would return here to chime in with a bit of an update now that I have spent a decent amount of time on this server. First let me say the owner has been awesome. He has been trying to work out allot of the current issued and get the server running smoothly. With that said some problems do exsist that can scare away new players or make a less hardened vet rage quit.

TotalCalamity really seems to focus on PVP. With increased vehicle spawns and weapon caches, it doesn't take long to get a decent weapon to gun down those other survivors. However you learn quickly that the only way to really compete is to find a sniper rifle. As most PVP servers snipers rule. Right now the server has some issues with veteran players who have caches of M107s. They did have As50s which were removed, but the 107 causes the same issue that was presented by the AS50. 50 Cal weapons leave zero room for error. With their range and 1 shot 1 kill on any hit ability, they bring what could be fun and exciting firefights down to a crawl. It doesn't help when you have dedicated groups of folks who always have access to these weapons. This was exemplified one night when a handful of folks with M107s camped the towns around the spawn coast picking off fresh players in a constant stream of death spam. If the 50 Cals were removed completely I really believe some folks would leave because they simply aren't good enough without them to survive.

Either way I will continue on the server as I am a glutton for punishment. Besides I enjoy the numerous vehicle spawns and friendly chat. I would like to see players start with hunting kits, Hatchet, Knife, Matches so they can focus more on getting weapons and fighting.

So I felt obligated to inform anyone who may be considering joining this server of it's constant abuse.

Now one thing that is great about this server is the increased heli crash sites. This can lead to fun pvp that typically is extremely as50 heavy.

HOWEVER; the admin abuse totally negates anything good about the server.

Admins have a sectioned off part of sabina custom built ( like wasteland ) where they spawn in their own choppers, guns, etc. They suggest that the camp is available to anyone who can maintain it; however, they camp it non stop. If you take any of the heli they delete them... Oh and if you raise questions about admin abuse? instant kick/ban. I find it funny that they have a rule about language in side chat, yet if you mention anything about them abusing, they are immature and ban you.

Good luck to anyone considering being abused by terrible admins.

however i do have a small level of respect for 10th-Calamity and crapchip.

Gl

-sushi

This is pretty spot on. Currently ATVs (which spawn absolutely everywhere) shoot explosives. The server is incredibly unstable, and the admins are extremely selective in what they respond to in chat. Anytime ive logged on to it there have been issues with "hacking," and if admins are really as active as this thread claims them to be, I sort of have to wonder who it is doing the exploits... I can confirm the admin abuse camp does indeed exist, as does the admins ability to take away anything from you that they think you could kill them with (including my lee enfield, lol). After I set up my camp complete with gear and chopper, I was reset as a fresh spawn with no help from anyone.

I guess it is harsh to scream admin abuse at all these issues if it truly isnt them, but holy shit, if your server is unstable enough to cause this many issues, you might want to get your money back.

Hackers have been hovering around the server allot in the past few days. They flock to near full servers. The ATVs are normal. They added weapons to them to make them more enticing. Of course your lucky if you can make it anywhere while riding one because folks can pick you off before you know where to fire. There is allot of exploiting going on though. Last night one of the regulars got caught using ESP. With name tags turned off he located a player driving a vehicle and identified the player over side chat. The guy wasn't talking and questioned how they identified them and they said it was a secret. When he called them out about the ESP they flew away and were strangely quiet for a good while afterwards. I like TC and all and its fun to play on it, but I think I may look for another server to take the place of home. Numerous times we tried to setup camps, stash, vehicles...ect and we come back to nothing. Maybe its just the Tavi map, but it really feels like no matter where you set up camp people seem to always find it.

Confirmed what was said before, these idiots added HE rounds to ATVs.

So... they've removed the HE rounds from the Apache (which no longer fires anything), removed AS50s entirely from the server (bet left 107's) and now added HE rounds to ATVs.

Also, admin "abuse" is pretty consistent. I don't know if it is abuse or just idiocy but these guys are mediocre at best. I'm still unsure why this server remains so popular when its clear the admins have their own private stash of goods which they use to rekit instantly any time you kill them and when the map design is so ridiculous.

Also they decided it was a good idea to remove heli crash sites and replace them with the stationary tank crash sites. It looks stupid.

It unfortunately has nothing to do with Calamity, DayZ.ST (who hosts Calamity) have been under heavy DDOS attacks since around last Monday. Because they are cheap assholes, they don't want to provide their clients with decent service or protection against DDOS.

You can follow dayz.st on twitter at dayzdotst or visit their website dayz.st for more info. They do regularly update everyone about the status of their servers, but unfortunately they are a big target for DDOS. Also their customer service is some of the worst in the business.

With the lack of Taviana servers (it seems everyone is playing Epoch, Origins or Overwatch) I'm glad at least a few Tavi servers like this one stay populated. Hope to see you on Calamity... and not between my crosshairs ;D

I have moved server to a new IP that has Ddos attack protection the ip is 192.31.185.208:3425 or search calamity of course. I have added a few more scripts like tent sleep healing and a few more.
I have removed the explosive rounds off the quads they were abit overwealming it was just a test. I removed the guns from the attack choppers they were too devistating to players on the ground and well quad drivers are shot VERRY easy, so I dont see the problem with a few smaller arms on em.
WE ADMINS have multiple tents on our server soo ahh yes we will get gear fast.

sorry for the late response I have been working on getting server back up..
all gear and tents remain in place...

I will say this Once again, our base is completely open to any1 that can find the way in (north sabina to ramp leads to rooftops)or chopper. there is no loot spawning in there like some say. but its a good vantage point to kill from. roof wars were the intention. we may still have the issue of certain mountains spawning you back to fresh spawn points,
your camps are found by players NOT admins we have are own camps and we want you guys to have good gear to pvp better. most cars will not despawn if they are in the woods (however if you have more that 4 some will) no need to horde em.
I am constantly adding scripts to better my server and keep it the most played tavi server.

all the crash sites are currently found at the racetrack on the small island (another test)

Hey so i treid out this server and me and my freinds got killed by some hackers@boye, and ofcourse i got angry about it... so i said in the chat: i got killed by some f*cking hackers at boye. And they responded with an warning for swearing and then asked: what the f'ck are you not going to do something about it?. No response execpt another warning and then i got really mad and shouted: fuck this bs admin. And then i got PERMA banned!, So i guess i got banned for being inappropriate or something. I can understand that you banned me for being inappropriate but PERMA banned? really?, sooo i found this forum and i wonder if i could get unbanned or something.

INGAME NAME: N0_eb_b0

*there are no zeros in this site so yeah they are zeros just sayin*

So i was banned..for "Disruptive behavior, everyone on the server wanted me to be unbanned..i was banned for saying "Ass is not a swear God Damnit" no warning at all...just banned....please unban me
INGAME NAME: [CG] ooof10

Back