Trying to figure out vehicles spawn

ZAadmin

I am trying to figure out what makes the vehicles spawn on Reality.

When is the command given to spawn new vehicles? I use the Restarter.exe file to start the server but dont see anything in there calling the DB and spawning vehicles.

I can see vehicles are added if I use the CP, but I don't see vehicles replaced on normal restart. Does this mean that I have to use the CP every time to replace destroyed vehicles?

I can see vehicles are added if I use the CP, but I don't see vehicles replaced on normal restart. Does this mean that I have to use the CP every time to replace destroyed vehicles?
Yes, that's how it works.

Also, you can make a bat file if you'd like. Call db_spawn_vehicles.pl with the regular parameters for DB connection (--host,--user,--pass,--name,etc), instance number (--instance 1 i.e) and optionally a limit on the amount spawned (--limit 10 i.e)

Thank you gdscei!

Something like this

--user=name --pass=password --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --name=reality --limit=50

Will you mind sharing a copy of your bat file maybe?

Thank you gdscei!

Something like this

--user=name --pass=password --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --name=reality --limit=50

Will you mind sharing a copy of your bat file maybe?
I don't use a bat file for spawning vehicles, but you could think of something like this: (added cleanup of destroyed vehicles as well) :

Code:
@echo off
echo Deleting old vehicles....
perl db_spawn_vehicles.pl --host 127.0.0.1 --port 3306 --name realitydb --user root --pass password --cleanup damaged
echo Spawning vehicles...
perl db_spawn_vehicles.pl --host 127.0.0.1 --port 3306 --name realitydb --user root --pass password --limit 50
exit

Haven't tested this btw, but should cause no issues.

Back