[Tutorial] Custom Loot Tables and Adjusting Spawn Rates

Even though I always think I have done it right there is always something missing or wrong, so tiny that it can be missed. The other day I was missing 1 apostrophe and the whole server wouldn't load. But I guess when you look and look at something you get blinded by the text. Can't see the forest for all the trees! It's great there is a community like this for us to bounce off of each other

Ah yeah I know that feeling man. The number of times I've spent bashing my head off the wall because of a single typo causing chaos. Sometimes it's best to walk away and come back with a fresh head, but that is hard to do when you're trying to fix something haha.

After i did this, i cant repair anything, the repair option is gone, need help here fast !!

Did you mess up the call for compiles? That's about the only way I could see any of this interfering with the repair function. Usually when people lose the repair function it's because they've installed the self bloodbag script and not used their own fn_selfActions from dayz_code.pbo.

Well i screwed it up on the self-bloodbag script so i got it fixed now, but i did not notice it before i added this, sorry my fault :p

Anyone doing this with the new update of epoch from yesterday? I implemented but it doesn't appear to be spawning anything save what was originally in the file.

Anyone get this working for 1.8.0.3 Chenarus yet? Been over the install a few times, all I get is "waiting for host".

In the dayz_code.pbo\configs\cfgLoot\ there is a folder called "BuildingLoot". You need to copy that to the root of your mission folder too now. Don't know if you'll have done that or not.

Save your changes and we can move to the next part.
After you have done this move to the compiles.sqf in your fixes folder and edit the folder call on each of these lines to correspond to the Fixes folder:
  1. Line 19: player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Fixes\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
  2. Line 22: building_spawnLoot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Fixes\building_spawnLoot.sqf";
  3. Line 24: building_spawnZombies = compile preproccFileLineNumbers "Fixes\buildingspawnZombies.sqf";
  4. Line 56: zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Fixes\zombie_generate.sqf";
  5. Line 502: spawn_loot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Fixes\spawn_loot.sqf";

I don't know if I'm the only one who messed up because of the typo error in 3.
"Fixes\buildingspawnZombies.sqf"; Should in fact be : "Fixes\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
Just a heads up if you just blindly copy paste like I did :/

I don't know if I'm the only one who messed up because of the typo error in 3.
"Fixes\buildingspawnZombies.sqf"; Should in fact be : "Fixes\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
Just a heads up if you just blindly copy paste like I did :/
Also On This Line 3.
"compile preproccFileLineNumbers" should be "compile preprocessFileLineNumbers"

Also On This Line 3.
"compile preproccFileLineNumbers" should be "compile preprocessFileLineNumbers"

*UPDATE*

Altho This Still Hasnt Solved My Issue..

Is Anyone Still Getting "Wait For Host" Even With Multiple Installs And Fresh .pbo's And 12 Pages Of Useful Codes?

Damn, This Is Depressing Me Now..

I know it's a tedious process, but "Wait For Host" usually means you are missing a semi-colon or comma somewhere. Sometimes you can even have one where it isn't supposed to be!

Hi, I'm trying to increase wire fence spawn, I've added "ItemWire" to the Industrial class in cfgbuilding loot, but no matter what I change the spawn chance to it doesn't seem to make a difference in game - it is still very rare. Am I using the wrong name or something? Is it picking it up from somewhere else? I removed the military and generic arrays from the Industrial class and now wire doesn't seem to spawn at all, but looking at cfgloot.hpp wire isn't in those arrays anyway. This is Overwatch 0.2.5 btw. thanks.

I haven't used custom loot with Overwatch so I'm not overly sure, but I have noticed that removing loot arrays can generally break the entire loot table, not sure why.

good day all,

Is there a simple code I can add somewhere where I can make the loot stop spawning? or do I need to do all this to make it STOP spawning

You can stop loot spawning without having all the files needed for custom loot. I'm curious as to why you would want a server to not spawn any loot though.

You can stop loot spawning without having all the files needed for custom loot. I'm curious as to why you would want a server to not spawn any loot though.

we use carepackages on the server.

we would like to remove the loot, since the care packages and stuff that the place of the loot.

how can I make the loot stop spawning?

Back