[Tutorial] Custom Loot Tables and Adjusting Spawn Rates

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by AVendettaForYou, Jun 25, 2013.

1. DangerRuss

DangerRuss OpenDayZ Rockstar!

Personally I have never messed around with the new vanilla dayz at all, and it looks like they've changed a lot. But right from the start I can see that you're not using the Namalsk variables in those loot files.

building_spawnloot.sqf
    (old)
    Code:
    _config = missionConfigFile >> dayzNam_buildingLoot >> _type;
    (new)
    Code:
    _config = (missionConfigFile >> "CfgLoot" >> "Buildings" >> _type);
    You're of course missing the entire CfgBuildingLootNamalsk.hpp.

You seem to have duplicated the buildings folder. One is in the root, the other is in the Groups folder.

I'm not seeing a loot_init.sqf which appears to be pretty important for the old Namalsk servers because it's loaded with Namalsk variables.
    loot_init.sqf
    http://pastebin.com/n1GGaJkj

2. Zeehond23

Zeehond23 Valued Member!

That is for dayz 1.7.7.1, it wouldn't work on dayz 1.8.8.
    Loot_init has been taken out in dayz 1.8.8, which makes everything easier but also more difficult ;)

Main point is, the lootspawning works and is configurable for all the chernarus buildings (can edit type and positions without a problem). The moment I add a namalsk class building to the same file, the chern buildings keep on spawning loot but the namalsk buildings remain barren.

3. DangerRuss

I recall a file that held the actual loot positions. There are programs out there that allow you to go into the map editor, enter a building, and retrieve coordinates for loot spawns. I wonder if thats what you're missing?

4. Zeehond23

Zeehond23 Valued Member!

Nope, have all the classnames and their loot positions entered into the files

5. DangerRuss

I might be able to put you in touch with a guy who could help. He runs an Namalsk Overpoch server, but he knows his stuff better than I do and could help shed some light possibly. He runs Dawn Patrol. He goes by Kobayashi.
    http://www.dawnpatroldayz.com/

I haven't spoken with him in awhile. I'll see if I can get ahold of him on steam tonight.

6. Zeehond23

Zeehond23 Valued Member!

That would be great man, thanks!

7. clifdayz

clifdayz Well-Known Member

At some point (you can look at the versions), they way the loot code gets called changed in dayzmod. player_spawnCheck.sqf is the file that calls building_spawnLoot.sqf, but ONLY for buildings that already have their class defined.
    Code:
        _config = configFile >> "CfgLoot" >> "Buildings" >> _type;
        _canSpawn = isClass (_config);

So, you need to pull player_spawnCheck,sqf (and all related files) into the mission. While its defined in compiles.sqf, there is a hardcoded call to it in sched_spawnCheck.sqf. So then you need to go backward from there. It's possible, but messy. I gave up after a while.

What I can tell you that is helpful, is that lootpos + zedpos for buildings in napf, namalsk, lingor, sharani and panthera have been checked into core dayzmod and will make it into the next patch (and no, I don't know when that will happen).

DangerRuss likes this.
  8. DangerRuss

Sounds like one of those things where you end up dumping half of your dayz_code into the mission file

9. Zeehond23

Zeehond23 Valued Member!

Sure seems like it. Although it would be a "fun" project.

@clifdayz
    Wouldn't the scheduler ran clientside produce problems though?

10. clifdayz

clifdayz Well-Known Member