[Tutorial] Snow added to Dynamic Weather

i used it in the test server.

I added it into the complie folder of the server and called like i wrote ^^^^^^

It seem working correctly

I will try to test trought the client side and call it like you do

Hey man just a quick update I realize I was totally wrong. You see before I had just made a blank .sqf document and named it compiles and made all my edits too it and just called both the regular compiles (z/addons/etc) and the custom one in a folder literally called custom. Anyways, when I took a look at the compiles.sqf that is actually in your client side dayz_code.pbo you can see that the fn_temperatur.sqf is not called like how I told you to at all. So on my server I called it like this....
Code:
player_temp_calculation = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_temperatur.sqf";
and not like how I told you to above. Just thought Id clear that up for ya

I don't get it ... I followed it all the way but there is still no snow falling on my epoch-namalsk
in other words, don't follow this tutorial, undo the changes... namalsk already has dynamic snow.. you could increase or decrease the frequency of snow but otherwise you don't need to worry about this. this is for people running other maps that don't have snow.

oh my god ..... this is so embarrassing .....:oops:

so just because I did not see it so far I assumed there is none and tried to add it

I figured because the cold weather and the warm clothes was not working on my server there is no harsh weather except for the wind and the snow covered mountains ....

Now I removed the things added ...... can someone eventually point me in the right direction where to change the chance of snow instead of rain .....

Last edited:
oh my god ..... this is so embarrassing .....:oops:

so just because I did not see it so far I assumed there is none and tried to add it

I figured because the cold weather and the warm clothes was not working on my server there is no harsh weather except for the wind and the snow covered mountains ....

Now I removed the things added ...... can someone eventually point me in the right direction where to change the chance of snow instead of rain .....
You will need to pull your compiles.sqf and your DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf out of your dayz_code folder, which is client side (not on your server) For example mine is under Steam > Steam Apps > Common > Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead >
Yours will say @DayZ_Namalsk > ns_dayz or something like that. Then you put those two files on your server in the mission folder, in a folder you name (whatever you want to name it). Change in your init.sqf where the server calls the compiles.sqf , change it to the name of the folder you chose to put it in. For example mine looks like
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";                                   //Compile custom compiles

then open up the compiles.sqf and find the spot that calls the DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf and change that so it calls it from the folder you put it in. For example mine looks like
Code:
    //Dynamic Weather Overwrite
    execVM "custom\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
    initialized = true;

Then edit the DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf to your liking.

I will try that and report back ...

Like I said sorry about my stupidity to add something that is already there :rolleyes:

question!

is the last line here

Code:
    initialized = true;

mandatory?
And is this placed in the compiles override file or the init?

question!

is the last line here

Code:
    initialized = true;

mandatory?
And is this placed in the compiles override file or the init?
If you open your compiles.sqf, that you've pulled out of your dayz_code.pbo.. scroll all the way to the very bottom and you will this almost exactly. the only thing different will be the file path which is the default path \z\addons\dayz_code\ etc... you change the file path to wherever you put the DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf, for me I put mine in a folder called custom.

The init.sqf is where you tell the server to look for the custom compiles you've added to your server (instead of looking for it in the dayzcode) and then in the compiles.sqf is where you tell the server to look for the DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf you've added to your folder.

So if you want to make it real easy, put both the compiles.sqf and the DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf in a folder called custom. In the init.sqf change the line
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf;
to
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";
and in the compiles.sqf change the
Code:
    execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
    initialized = true;
to
Code:
    initialized = true

Here we go .....now it's snowing but I get on start and in the log some error

Log Error : File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 463

Start up Error : Script z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_selectRandom.sqf not found

Also if you are running Epoch Namalsk, then you might not have snow, I'm not sure if they pull the Namalsk weather for it or not.

This snow is from normal Namalsk.

I am not sure what the deal about this error is .....

Point is it was snowing and the game was working even though I did get theses errors.

I am not sure what the deal about this error is .....

Point is it was snowing and the game was working even though I did get theses errors.

You may have two weather scripts running. If you are running Epoch you need to call the new weather script from the init.sqf, not from the compiles.sqf which was the old way Epoch used for 1.0.2.5 and earlier. In 1.0.3 it moved to the init.sqf.

Back