User Poll: Usefulness of AI Vehicle Patrol Waypoint Blacklists

Are blacklist areas for AI vehicles useful?

• Yes, I use them / Yes, they are useful to me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use them / No, they're not useful to me

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me / I have no opinion

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I prefer the Alternate Proposal (see post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Buttface

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
This is a poll to see whether this feature should be kept or removed in A3EAI. Everyone and anyone's opinion is wanted, regardless of whether or not you use AI vehicle patrols or whether you use the blacklist features.

What the waypoint blacklist does:

In DZAI, a list of potential waypoints is generated that AI land/air vehicle patrols can use when they travel around. Blacklisted areas prevent vehicles from making a stop at a particular city/village/other named location (ie: a location that has a name on the map) but don't prevent them from passing through the area.

This feature will not be removed from DZAI regardless of user response, but may influence whether or not it will make it to A3EAI. If there is no user response or too few responses, then I will consider it a useless feature and it will be removed for simplification purposes, or there will be no special support for the feature but it won't be removed (translation: the feature will be there, you just have to create the markers manually using scripting commands).

Alternate Proposal: Instead of completely scrapping the waypoint blacklist system, a replacement system could be introduced where the user specifies the actual name of the city/village/location to blacklist. The upside: Nothing to fiddle with except the main config file. Downside: It will require the user to input the name exactly as it appears on the map (case insensitive). This would be tricky for location names that use non-English characters or generic location names such as military bases simply named "military".

Thanks guys for your responses. The way its going to work right now is that the feature will be removed and replaced with the Alternate Proposal version, since it's rather trivial to implement.

Back