Using the Train Lines?

Graz

The no. 1 issue people have with Taviana is it's sheer size and the limitation on players being able to get around.

I've come accross this script
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9529

Does anyone know if this could easily be ported to Dayz?

Taviana has a two line system, so something like two trains running back and forth would be pretty good!!

Yeah, it would be awesome, but beest bet would be to make the train need repair first if possible. It might even encourage more teamwork to get something like that running.

Getting the script running on a taviana server would be #1, repariing and stuff like that should be added after

This is something I had looked at, and considered - however I had received word that train functionality was spotty at best.

I'd love for you to work with the dev team and see if you could test this on our testing box.

Can we expect this in a later release or is it to soon to say still? :)
Sounds very very interesting hehe.

And people dont think but a train is the best thing that can happen and these mighty beast are there to stay. sure irl you will find some derailed and stuff like that but hey its an 80 ton moving metal objects xD

Nnuu was saying I while back he would like to see one of these in 2017. Is there a coal fired edition?as the electric one does not quite fit the environment?

EDIT: it is coal fired. Would be interested in seeing how you progress with this graz and let me know if you need help. It might be a nice addition to 2017 and you would get a full credit. I know nnuu has a lot of ideas on re-skinning the train which is where I can help too when with the configs and such forth.

Did you manage to get the authors permission to break open the PBO and resign?

I want to make sure its viable before going full speed ahead (har har har), if I manage to sync up with Graz and the tech test proves its something we can do in MP without major issues, I'd go straight to reaching out to the author.

Additionally, if it proves to be something we can do, and Alex is interested - I'd love to see the trains rolling across all versions of Tavi ;)

I looked into running these mods myself a while back on namalsk, never got around to it but it's something I'd be keen on for sure, with such an extensive rail network people would use it for sure.

I'm 50/50 on whether its viable as it now. The GAC Trains mod seems resource intensive and laying "tracks" is a butload of objects.

I sent you an email Hicks, Shinkicker I'll let you know over the weekend if I have any luck

any news about this? im just changing to this map and love to make the map different from others. hope this works

Back