Using the Train Lines?

It's taken a backseat due to Celle.

There's a ton few addons aimed at Trains, laying "tracks" is easy, the main issue is getting the player to be able to control the train. Currently it's all done via radio commands, which isn't exactly portable to Dayz

Can the train just travel around the map on the tracks with no human control just be a AI thing? Maybe stop at stations and people can loot it and ride it to next spot???

That's very possible, use GAC trains, I never tested it on a live server. Turning the train around is something I didn't manage to figure out either. The track in Tavi is particularly large, so it'll prolly take an hour (plus and hour of stops) to go from north to south

I have never tried this yet but would having two engine trains at either end or the train convoy work? Like having it go forward then go backwards??

I'm just spitballing right now

Possibly, one to go forward and one to go back?

You'll have to test it out, it's a lot of running around but GAC Trains isn't too hard if you go through the readme.

Would be nice to test out. I attempted to run this using the 3d editor, add a train (with no carriages) and some rails (A, B, C, A, B, C), but the train does not stick to the 'rails' - I can just drive it wherever I like. Is there something I'm missing here? The initial rail (A) was right next to the train's initial position (so within 25m as the readme suggests).

Back