vehicle patrols

thebes

I'm a massive fan of this AI system and have been playing around with vehicle patrols, so I brought in a BMP on my Lingor map and assigned a driver and gunner to it through the 3d editor and in the init command have your SAR_AI running and it works great they follow there way points and it shows them on the map, result.
My only problem is even though I only want one vehicle to patrol it brings in two? Its got me stumped I can stop and restart the server and still two I can destroy one and leave the other and after the server restart two are back its a mystery to me and at the end of the day if I have to have two BMP's paroling Calamar so be it, but if you have any ideas please can you help me out, I know this has to do with the editor and I also call the .sqf file from the Init.sqf cheers Thebes

seems like you spawn one vehicle on the client and one on the server. be careful with this, if you get more players, each one will spawn a vehicle.

Put the call to my SAR_AI in an isDedicated section of your init and it should work.

Keep in mind, vehicle AI is very very bugged in UPSMON, i rewrote lots of that stuff and am still on it. So you might see weird things there.

Thanks for that Sarge got it working, I'll keep you posted on how they act but so far so good at least they patrol the area Ive asked them to :) cheers thebes

Back