Vehicle Towing Server Side

I cannot get this to work, i have added all the files and added some more vehicles to TOW & LIFT but i do not seem to get the scroll option to do it in-game. I'm assuming it is the same as wasteland, so to tow i would have to get 2 cars next to each other and scroll over one & "tow to..." the other car and then the same with the heli's i assume you hover over a car with a heli and scroll-lift vehicle.

I do not get ANY options like this though, i don't understand what could be wrong as its not exactly hard to copy paste files into Mission.PBO. I am running 1.7.6.1 with auto-refuel script & debug monitor. any help would be very appreciated. Will attach my PBO with my modified "arma2_Co_Objects.sqf" its literally the only thing ive changed that may be the problem :/

EDIT(04/03/2013):Ok weird, i replaced my arma2_Co_Objects with your new one you made with heli lift, and now the script is working. But all i did was add some extra vehicle names from my database with your first PBO upload (without heli lift) im not sure how i broke the script? :S

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    175.5 KB · Views: 15
can somebody look at my file i got Tow system work in my local server but when i use it on dedicated server it don't show TOW..... menu when i near car

help me please.

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    415.7 KB · Views: 7
  • scripts.txt
    47.2 KB · Views: 7
I have been trying to get this to work forever and for the life of me can't figure out why.

At one point I was able to get the tow menu to come up and had the heli portion working but whenever editing what could tow and lift what it broke completely and haven't been able to get anywhere since.

Could someone that has this working please take a look at my mission file when you get a chance. I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    238.4 KB · Views: 5
Great script, does anyone know of a way to force a vehicle update after you have untowed the vehicle?

lol, tried to make it so you could move PBX's around...soon as I touched it, insta ban! No clue why. My anti hacks just said S1.

I have a towing script for chernarus. I'll upload a mission file with just the towing script. It is the R3F Logistics script but I have disabled the heli lift and cargo portion and just left the towing. To edit the towing vehicles edit the files in R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config\arma2_CO_ objects.sqf. You can re enable the heli lift and cargo system in that file as well.

Does this still work? I added it to my test server and I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

I have been trying to get this to work forever and for the life of me can't figure out why.

At one point I was able to get the tow menu to come up and had the heli portion working but whenever editing what could tow and lift what it broke completely and haven't been able to get anywhere since.

Could someone that has this working please take a look at my mission file when you get a chance. I would greatly appreciate it.
I looked at your mission pbo and it didn't even have any of the logistics files in it.

Yes this works. Yes it is very effective. I have it set up for helicopters to lift, cars and trucks to tow, and if you are feeling feisty and want to fight battleye, I will give the ability to lift PBX but it auto bans you when you touch it. Still checking why.

I looked at your mission pbo and it didn't even have any of the logistics files in it.

Yea sorry uploaded the wrong .pbo

Where I was getting hemmed up was I wasn't sure where in the init.sqf I should place the

execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

Yea sorry uploaded the wrong .pbo

Where I was getting hemmed up was I wasn't sure where in the init.sqf I should place the

"execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

I put mine at the very bottom. because of everything that has to load, and because R3F has natural pausing points built into the loading, it is best put there. If you put it above anything else, it will slow down the process hard and if you are like me and have a massive mission file, it can lead to a ton of issues. Just drop it to the bottom. Pro tip: if you are adding anything to your init or any file, for that matter, right above it label it (//R3F Towing and shit)

I have this working for the most part, it kicks me for script restriction #11 when I "drop" a vehicle. Picks it up just fine, but, hard on the choppers to just drop out of the sky like that. Thanks for any help.

Yeah it seems like if i try to add a ural or suv to towables for example it breaks the entire script and Tow... does nothing whatsoever.. i am not sure why. I am making sure it has "vehiclename", and without the , on the last vehicle in the list. But it seems like the vehicles have to be EXACTLY as inkko has sent them otherwise it doesn't work. This is VERY confusing, i want more towables since i have found some broken vehicles that are not in the towables and its annoying being unable to tow them. but i cant add them without it all breaking :/

I get the Tow.. option but nothing happens. ??
Ya... the wording is kind of missleading. All of the vehicles that CAN be towed will have the Tow.. option. So lets say u go up to a hatchback and click tow, then you would go up to lets say a ural that is parked next to it. The Ural will have an option like Tow selected to this... or something along those lines. I think it should be something more like go up to a hatchback and it say Towable: choose vehicle... that makes much more sense then Tow...

As a side note I found out a great way to reduce the size of this mod. I went thru each file and deleted all the comment lines out except for some necessary ones and reduced the size by 60kb.

Yeah it seems like if i try to add a ural or suv to towables for example it breaks the entire script and Tow... does nothing whatsoever.. i am not sure why. I am making sure it has "vehiclename", and without the , on the last vehicle in the list. But it seems like the vehicles have to be EXACTLY as inkko has sent them otherwise it doesn't work. This is VERY confusing, i want more towables since i have found some broken vehicles that are not in the towables and its annoying being unable to tow them. but i cant add them without it all breaking :/

It might be how you are adding them into the list. If you post your arma2_Co_Objects.sqf I'll look at it.

My Taviana .pbo already has numerous changes within it, what do I actually need to add/change in order to apply this script to my server?

Thanks in advance

Inkko, do you have any ideas about script restriction #11? I went through the entire scripts.txt and changed it all to a 1, I'm using your scripts.txt you posted earlier in the thread, and still no dice. I'm running this on a celle server and everything else works great. Just the drop function on the helicopter kicks you. Thanks for any help.

Inkko, do you have any ideas about script restriction #11? I went through the entire scripts.txt and changed it all to a 1, I'm using your scripts.txt you posted earlier in the thread, and still no dice. I'm running this on a celle server and everything else works great. Just the drop function on the helicopter kicks you. Thanks for any help.
Could you post what the script restriction says by looking in your scripts.log?

Back