Vehicle Towing Server Side

Hey. R3F is a great addon!
Using this on my Chenarus v1.7.7.1 Dayz.st server.
Heli lift works great, and towing works... But, when I tow vehicles, they're halfway inside the towing vehicle.
Can anyone give me an idea how to increase the distance between the tower and the towee?

Has anybody gotten this working with Taviana_epoch ?? I managed to get krixes self blood working but im afraid to add this and if u did get it working with it can u share your pbo ?? I can attempt this but im afraid ill shut my server down lol

That's where battleye goes for kickable offences... If u set the beginning number to a 1 instead of 5 the one makes it write to file instead of kick 5 is kick instead of write.. The way I understand it..

OK I tap out.. Ive tried this ive moved the line in the init.sqf and I get errors for wrong syntax but when I move it to the end of the init It doesn't start I get no errors I get no mention of this script being started... What gives? I even changed it to

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
_void = [] execVM "R3F_Realism\R3F_Realism_Init.sqf";
};
[]execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

Trust me I know its wrong but ive tried it like this
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

and it does nothing so I have no idea please help me !! lol this is for epoch taviana... Thanks to any help I can get

Try putting a space after the []

Code:
//R3F Towing / Lifting
[] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

Tried that then server locks up when a player joins... I had to remove the lines from their and the description to get it to boot all the way back up.. I was going to setup a test server on my desktop with control center but it looks like its going to be a task just to get that going.. Any other thoughts or ideas on the matter?

Tried that then server locks up when a player joins... I had to remove the lines from their and the description to get it to boot all the way back up.. I was going to setup a test server on my desktop with control center but it looks like its going to be a task just to get that going.. Any other thoughts or ideas on the matter?

execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"; at the bottom of your init.sqf. I know this works cause it's what i'm using >.>

Also it could be because you have R3F realism...also there has to be a line of space inbetween one code chunk and another in the init.sqf, you had yours looking like
Code:
r3f_realism blah;
};
R3F towing blah;
but it needs to be like
Code:
r3f_realism blah;
};

R3F towing blah;

On an epoch taviana server?

And yes I do realize it shouldn't make a difference but for some reason it will not work for me ive moved it up and down in the init and same for description and I either lock the server up when a player joins or the whole thing gets ignored and does nothing... Ive checked grammer and punctuation and its all right... I don't know where the hang up is

If it doesn't load up I get no errors and no mention of the files at all in my rpt file.. SO I cant diagnose where the problem is coming from.. If I move it I get an error about an expression being in the wrong place

Lol I think we both edited ou posts and I didn't see your code fix... So you think this could be the reason its getting overlooked?

Wait I have had with a space but it was commented would that make a difference it looked like this

};
//commented line
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

Wait I have had with a space but it was commented would that make a difference it looked like this

};
//commented line
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

PM me a link to your Mpbo

Hey Matt,
Don't suppose you know how to adjust the towing distance between vehicles? Lifting works fine, but when I tow something it gets stuck halfway into the towing vehicle!

Nevermind I removed tha ottom two lists having to do with items that can be transported fired up the server and it all works now.. Thanks to Matt L for looking over my files for me

Just make sure your vehicles are actually in the arma_2_co config and the options are there.. I was under the impression that nothing needed to be changed and could just paste in the code.. But go over your lists

anyone got a link to like the original thread with instructions and downloads rather than whats in the first page with a sample mission.pbo?

is there a way to add say a humvee towing a humvee? i think i read somewhere that it dont work like that but i cant find the thread anymore. i think it went along the lines of having something in the towing section and the same item in the towable section was a no no?

is there a way to add say a humvee towing a humvee? i think i read somewhere that it dont work like that but i cant find the thread anymore. i think it went along the lines of having something in the towing section and the same item in the towable section was a no no?

You can do whatever you want to this script. Nothing messes with it so far as having an item defined in the towable and can tow sections

Back