Vehicles wrecked, red, get in first time/repair one thing all green

dagg929

We have this happening on our server. You look at it, get in, and it all goes green/driveable. Anyone know of a fix for this?

What needs repair when looking from outside with a toolbox has always been different from what appears from the pilot seat.

There have always been occasions where you can glitch a chopper or the odd vehicle. We found with choppers, that if someone else got into it and rotated around the seats, and got out, then another person walked up and repaired 1 glass, the chopper would autorepair itself and be all green. Haven't seen as much with the later updates of Dayz.

This happens all the time on our server. It also seems that sometimes, you can fix or fuel a vehicle and it doesn't actually do anything but you lose the item you used.

I think this is a problem relating to the parts tracking in the database, and I've always wagered was worse on vehicles not supported by DayZ vanilla. The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that if a vehicle has at least 1 component damaged to 100%, it will not auto repair. I wondered if there was a way to make glass always spawn 100% broken on every vehicle in hopes it might prevent the auto-fix of all the randomly damaged parts.

As for the parts in the database not matching up, sometimes it reports half a vehicle is destroyed, but really only one part is, and when you fix that one part the whole thing turns green. In that same vein, you might repair an engine showing red, when in reality the only broken part is the fuel tank, so it looks like your repair did nothing, but in truth you just repaired a part that was never really broken.

So far I haven't had much luck finding a permanent solution. It's especially bothersome on helicopters where the fuel leaking thing becomes a huge problem.

Back