Want to get involved?

shinkicker

Administrator
Staff member
Are you artistic?

Do you have pretty good coding skills?

Do you make good videos?

Want to port a map or develop a new game mode?

Have an idea for something new in DayZ Mod?

Well if so, we welcome you on board and suggest you post in here with your ideas, current knowledge and what you would like do or offer.

We can't always promise we will help you get up to speed and there is only so much hand holding that can be done, but I myself will try to give you valid feedback and help as I am sure will the other members.

Welcome Jay, although I am not sure about your avatar....................................................................it would be better if it was an animated gif :)

Hello All,

I am in! I admin a Private hive with a difference. Well, so I have been told. We have grand ideas and have already created a dynamic and long term mmo version of Dayz. We have just purchased a new host server, as our current one was just..... Hes a joke, in many ways :p

Anyway so i have taken us as far as I can without increasing the amount of mod dependency or having to change client files. But new host, clean slate and finally some proper professional staff and server access! I am unable to really express how the server as an Idea is evolving, but the current playerbase are wonderful and very supportive of what we are doing. Our current player count is acceptable for development. The gears of economy, action, social and politics turn. When its up to what I would call the next stage, I will advertise more and boost numbers and so forth.

I'm not sure about normal responses, but just a short update post got 11 applications in just over 4 hours.

In a nutshell, We enable players to play Dayz how they would do if the Zombies hit the fan in real life. PvP is all about purpose, excitement for both party's and skill. Pulling of an armed robbery, Roadblock/ambush, controlling your mark, or as the victim, the choices before them.

We have 5 Official teams, each with bespoke Roles on server, custom skins. Essentially each team operates as a Clan in itself. Then with all the Lone wolfs and unofficial teams in the middle with there own roles, it is looking good.

We also run weekly events, last one being Taliban in Chernarus. 4 Taliban, with authentic skins, and loot set out to blow up all amenities. Supermarkets, fuel sources, hospitals, bridges. It was up to the survivors, Team or otherwise, to prevent them. Taliban kills resulted in Rare custom loot.

I hope to share what I have learned, Read or experienced in all aspects of the " Dayz technical admin" experience/sentence :p

If you want any info about our direction etc, please do get in touch.

Thank you

*Bows out*

Hello everybody,

i am very happy, that DayZ is now completely developed by the wonderful community, and everybody can contribute.

My son is a big DayZ fan (i am too:), and i decided weeks ago, to help making DayZ more playable on heavy loaded servers too.
My first project was finding and removing the reason for the "long loading screen issue".
I developed a simple profiler mainly to investigate the timings of dayz code execution:
https://github.com/fred41/armaperflib.
The long loading screen issue is no longer a problem, thanks rajkostos hiveExt.dll and this:
https://github.com/fred41/DayZPerformanceUpgrades.

I will still focus on DayZ performance related debugging/development.
Found there are some issues, i perhaps can help to overcome.

Thank you for all the work organizing this forum and the community build :)

Hello everybody,

i am very happy, that DayZ is now completely developed by the wonderful community, and everybody can contribute.

My son is a big DayZ fan (i am too:), and i decided weeks ago, to help making DayZ more playable on heavy loaded servers too.
My first project was finding and removing the reason for the "long loading screen issue".
I developed a simple profiler mainly for this reason: https://github.com/fred41/armaperflib.
The long loading screen issue is no longer a problem, thanks rajkostos hiveExt.dll and this: https://github.com/fred41/DayzLoginQueue.

Oh sweet im going to try those out.

Hi,

I'll warn you, I'm quite noob-tastic when it comes to down to the meat and bones moding - I've done a little with the UT engine but thats it. The problem is I have a sack full of ideas, and I realise the only way they are going to come to any type of fruition is if I do it myself! I had a brief look at the Bohemia forums, but had no idea where to start (in relation to my idea. I realise you're not into hand holding, but some simple pointers (for tutes etc) would be much appreciared.

This is what I want to do first (the idea is to have it as a server option):

The Doomsday Clock

This is a mechanic that could be used to keep track of how close any particular server/hive has come to utter extinction. It could work like this:

- The 'clock' sits at ten minutes to midnight (Human extinction, end game, total server/hive reset)

- Any death, be it PvP or environmental, moves the 'clock' forward a infintesimal amount. For example lets say 10sec.

- Time can be added to the clock in many ways, my suggestion:

--- every 48hrs the average life expectency (ALE) of the players on a given server is recalculated.

--- Survive for 2x the ALE add 2mins to the clock

--- Survive for 4x the ALE add an additional 3mins

--- Survive for 4+ the ALE and add an additional 30sec for each iteration of the ALE.

The end game to end games!

So what happens when humanity fails to survive? heres what I think:

- the only way to leave the game is by dying

- The abort button is greyed, much like in the combat logging system. Maybe it is replaced with a suicide button instead? Or a extinction button
smile.png

- players wishing to join the server are given a warning (maybe?)

- Players have a limited amount of time to contemplate their demise, an hour or two maybe, then the server, players and clock are reset. With people "raging into the night", I imagine the server going to hell would be a chaotic experience!!

This is the base that alot of my other ideas are built upon, so if I could make this happen it would be great!

Hi,

I'll warn you, I'm quite noob-tastic when it comes to down to the meat and bones moding - I've done a little with the UT engine but thats it. The problem is I have a sack full of ideas, and I realise the only way they are going to come to any type of fruition is if I do it myself! I had a brief look at the Bohemia forums, but had no idea where to start (in relation to my idea. I realise you're not into hand holding, but some simple pointers (for tutes etc) would be much appreciared.

This is what I want to do first (the idea is to have it as a server option):

The Doomsday Clock

This is a mechanic that could be used to keep track of how close any particular server/hive has come to utter extinction. It could work like this:

- The 'clock' sits at ten minutes to midnight (Human extinction, end game, total server/hive reset)

- Any death, be it PvP or environmental, moves the 'clock' forward a infintesimal amount. For example lets say 10sec.

- Time can be added to the clock in many ways, my suggestion:

--- every 48hrs the average life expectency (ALE) of the players on a given server is recalculated.

--- Survive for 2x the ALE add 2mins to the clock

--- Survive for 4x the ALE add an additional 3mins

--- Survive for 4+ the ALE and add an additional 30sec for each iteration of the ALE.

The end game to end games!

So what happens when humanity fails to survive? heres what I think:

- the only way to leave the game is by dying

- The abort button is greyed, much like in the combat logging system. Maybe it is replaced with a suicide button instead? Or a extinction button
smile.png

- players wishing to join the server are given a warning (maybe?)

- Players have a limited amount of time to contemplate their demise, an hour or two maybe, then the server, players and clock are reset. With people "raging into the night", I imagine the server going to hell would be a chaotic experience!!

This is the base that alot of my other ideas are built upon, so if I could make this happen it would be great!

... this sound very interesting ...
but i can't understand a important detail.
Is it possible that you mean for example:

"Survive for 2x the ALE moves the clock backwards 2mins" ???

I am not very good in englisch, sorry :/

... this sound very interesting ...
but i can't understand a important detail.
Is it possible that you mean for example:

"Survive for 2x the ALE moves the clock backwards 2mins" ???

I am not very good in englisch, sorry :/

Yes, that is exactly what I mean :) . So if the "clock" is set at 10min to "midnight" and you survive 2xALE it would then be 12min to "midnight".

A progress report:

I've started out very simply - I've made a test single player "mission" (in ARMA 2) and have got "clock" that counts down when you kill someone and counts up if you are alive for a set amount of time.

I have two "procedures" a "init" file.

Procedure 1
//Selects first element of arguments array at index 0, and assign it to _myGuy
_myGuy = _this select 0;
//This is a while loop which will run until _myGuy dies
while {alive _myGuy} do {
hintSilent format ["%1 Min. to Midnight",Ddclock];
if (Ddclock <= 0) then{
Ddend = true;
};
//And update the value every second.
sleep 1;
};

//If _myGuy is dead remove amount of "time" from Ddclock
if(!(alive _myGuy))
then{
Ddclock = Ddclock - 1.5;
};

Procedure 2
_myGuy = _this select 0;

while {true} do {
//And update the value every 10 sec.
sleep 10;
//Add time to Ddclock
if(alive _myGuy) then{
Ddclock = Ddclock + 1;
};
};

Init
//Compile functions using preProcessfile
MyFunction = compile preProcessfile "MyFunction.sqf";
MyConditionFunction = compile preProcessfile "MyConditionFunction.sqf";
//Init global boolean to false
Ddclock = 2;
Ddend = false;

This was relatively easy to do - but when I look at applying this to DayZ... its a little intimidating :) .

So how do I test this within dayZ ? Would setting up a server in virtual box work? Or can I do what I want to do purely from the client side?

Also, in a multiplayer context, would I be mostly using eventHandelers to make this work?? (Like I said, Im really a noob at this - please forgive any dumb questions :) )

Yes, that is exactly what I mean :) . So if the "clock" is set at 10min to "midnight" and you survive 2xALE it would then be 12min to "midnight".

A progress report:

I've started out very simply - I've made a test single player "mission" (in ARMA 2) and have got "clock" that counts down when you kill someone and counts up if you are alive for a set amount of time.

I have two "procedures" a "init" file.

Procedure 1
_myGuy = _this select 0;
while {alive _myGuy} do {
hintSilent format ["%1 Min. to Midnight",Ddclock];
if (Ddclock <= 0) then{
Ddend = true;
};
//And update the value every second.
sleep 1;
};

//If _myGuy is dead remove amount of "time" from Ddclock
if(!(alive _myGuy))
then{
Ddclock = Ddclock - 1.5;
};

Procedure 2
_myGuy = _this select 0;

while {true} do {
//And update the value every 10 sec.
sleep 10;
//Add time to Ddclock
if(alive _myGuy) then{
Ddclock = Ddclock + 1;
};
};

Init
//Compile functions using preProcessfile
MyFunction = compile preProcessfile "MyFunction.sqf";
MyConditionFunction = compile preProcessfile "MyConditionFunction.sqf";
//Init global boolean to false
Ddclock = 2;
Ddend = false;

This was relatively easy to do - but when I look at applying this to DayZ... its a little intimidating :) .

So how do I test this within dayZ ? Would setting up a server in virtual box work? Or can I do what I want to do purely from the client side?

Also, in a multiplayer context, would I be mostly using eventHandelers to make this work?? (Like I said, Im really a noob at this - please forgive any dumb questions :) )

... i have a few weeks experience in dayz coding and perhaps can give you some tips to implement your idea...
I think you should create a discussion thread in "Scripting discussion", because it better fits there.
To test your implementation and to develop, you need a client/server environment.
Just install your Arma CO and DayZ as usual and then you need a MySQL server installation (local).
Now install the dayz server (@hive) from here: https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod
or use a easy install distribution like Bliss: http://dayzprivate.com/.
Bliss has very good installation support, per IRC-chat :)

I will look for your new thread in "scripting discussion" and we can continue this there :)

Seems this website is dead, nothing but spam, no moderators or admin to clean it up.
Just a big mess right now.

Seems this website is dead, nothing but spam, no moderators or admin to clean it up.
Just a big mess right now.

Pwnoz0r, Shinkicker, Stapo and Myself are all mods or admins and on here regularly. We're working on it. I think you'll find the spam is only in the off topic section, pretty much all other sections are clean. I know this sucks because I like to use the 'what's new' button to see new posts too and it kills that. I have been periodically going through and deleting it all. We've also been adding a lot of mods to try and curtail it but it isn't that easy. Some bot got its hooks into us early on and we're still trying to fight it. If you have any expertise on dealing with this I'd be more than happy to listen.

It's not listed above, but if your ever in need of help with in-game or video music let me know. I run the Audio Rejectz record label and can provide music to you that we own Licencing and publishing rights to.

Heres an example of one of our releases, though all our releases are not Dubstep.

Ive produced for about 8 years to and have also licensed my own music a game developer in the past :D

This is me officially BEGGING for people to join our Mod or invite us into the community conversation that I have to imagine is going on... we have HUGE plans and the more hands on deck the quicker you can all enjoy it!

Why have so many people working separately on Base Building? or Vehicle inspect/repair/strip/salvage...

I know we're the last to the race but we have some DB and coding ideas that make us pretty confident we are going to make a LOT of things previously undone or thought impossible DONE....

Hello everybody,

I developed a simple profiler mainly to investigate the timings of dayz code execution:
https://github.com/fred41/armaperflib.
The long loading screen issue is no longer a problem, thanks rajkostos hiveExt.dll and this:
https://github.com/fred41/DayZPerformanceUpgrades.

Fred, you still around ?

Thx, Sarge

Back