Weapon volume levels?

PwNgu1n

So I've been playing around with the 1.7.5 code and it seems that they overhauled zombies' hearing abilities. I personally liked how zombies heard previously, I don't think something undead and rotting would be able to hear particularly well, and in the latest push (which isn't a release version, I know) the zombies have vastly improved hearing. What I would like to try to do is either reduce their hearing ability back to 1.7.4.4 levels or alter weapon firing sounds to attract a little less attention. I found a calculation in the dayz_code.pbo/compile/player_fired.sqf that seems to compute relative weapon fire volume based on ammo type, caliber, and distance, but I can't get to the values for ammo or caliber through dayz as far as I can tell. I tried to mess with the distance calculation to fool the game into thinking I'm firing from further away than I am but I haven't noticed much effect to it. Is there any other way that I could adjust a zombie's ability to detect sound (specifically weapon firing) or the volume level of the weapons themselves?

I should mention the server I run is a private server for myself and friends over LAN, so we aren't particularly interested in ultra-realistic, we just want to have some fun.

Back