Why when I create an object

What kind of object did you try to create ?

Most objects in ArmA II doesn't really like gravity, they will just stay where you told them to be (via SetPos etc..)

If it is a static object then you need to place it on the actual ground, as PepinKr said, gravity dosent really exist in ArmA II much. If you are placing objects in buildings it sometimes helps to place them at 0.01 so they do not end up half in the floor. Technically it will be floating but it will not be noticeable to the human eye.

Well a static object will stay a static object even in ArmA III (i'm guessing here but seems plausible).

What kind of object did you create ?

Probably not much help, but vehicles (as in cars, trucks, air etc) have mass, but this is delegated when your create the model.

Sorry to butt in but, how do you add a parachute ? I quite like the idea of having something float down from the sky at the start of a game :) I have been looking for a reward method for an in-game game idea that I have been toying with.

a lot of thing are possible with the ArmA II engine, if you want a cow attached to a nuke and active it when a player enter Chernogorsk for example, you can do it.

Every objects (Vehicles, Units, Static objects) can be spawn with the Createvehicle command.

The parachute is a vehicle with only one spot (driver spot).

isserver is only returns true on the host/server
isdedicated is same but for dedicated (duh)

So if you want the script to only be run on servers, always start it with the is server part.

Back