Willing to pay for PBO work!

Angelykc

I'm having problems scripting on my own and would love some help adding a few things to my server. nothing too ridiculous just a few add-ons:

-Increased Heli Crashes (1 every 30 minutes)
-Animated Crash Sites
-Ground Fog at night
- Sarge AI
-Auto Refuel
-Custom loot tables

message below if interested.. then i'll link you my email and we can talk price range and i'll explain my situation.

A lot of these are very easy to do yourself. If you are stuck on something specific, post what you are having troubles with and people can take a better look.
There are also great tutorials on this site for a reason.
Take a look at some of these tutorials: http://opendayz.net/threads/resources-dayz-server-additions.9003/
There are many more tutorials here on the forums if you would use the search.

I know they are easy, that's not the problem i'm having.. I've scripted all of these with the exception of custom loot tables and every time I've followed tutorials step by step, line by line. pack them up and re-upload to my server on DayZ.ST and one of two things happens on log on...

1.) I get stuck in a black "Wait For Host" screen, with my name flashing at top right.

2.) I get stuck in "Requesting Authentication" and then time out with "Something went wrong! Disconnect and try again.)

this has happened every single time and I've tried each script at least 3 each. What I don't understand is that, if i scripted an add-on wrong, I should still be able to log in to the server ... the add on should just not be working..

That's my situation.

Did you look on your clients Arma2oa.rpt file for errors as to why you might be getting stuck at the loading screen?

That's the one that appears when i search it on my computer? it doesn't post anything out of place when i searched it but when my .ST admin searched he said "there are syntax errors in the script. <> in the wrong place, missing ],..."

This was what he sent me when I consulted him after my failed AI attempt..

Code:
23:50:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle  CDF_WarfareBContructionSite,
23:50:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle  CDF_WarfareBContructionSite,
23:50:58 Error in expression <[293,[12253.4,12577.2,0.001]]]>
23:50:58  Error position: <]>
23:50:58  Error Missing ;
23:50:58 Error in expression <[293,[12253.4,12577.2,0.001]]]>
23:50:58  Error position: <]>
23:50:58  Error Missing ;
23:50:58 Error in expression <call compile (_result select 1);
_dir = _pos select 0;
_pos = _pos select 1;

_b>
23:50:58  Error position: <_pos select 0;
_pos = _pos select 1;

_b>
23:50:58  Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
23:50:58 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 218
23:50:58 Error in expression <[135,[6454.87,2432.95,0.001]>
23:50:58  Error position: <>
23:50:58  Error Missing ]
23:50:58 Error in expression <[135,[6454.87,2432.95,0.001]>
23:50:58  Error position: <>
23:50:58  Error Missing ]
23:50:58 Error in expression <call compile (_result select 1);
_dir = _pos select 0;
_pos = _pos select 1;

_b>
23:50:58  Error position: <_pos select 0;
_pos = _pos select 1;

_b>
23:50:58  Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
23:50:58 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 218
23:50:58 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Misc_cargo_cont_net2  ,
23:50:58 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Misc_cargo_cont_net2 ,

Yeah, it normally lives in %appdata%\..\Local\ then arma 2 folder or something...

Looks like you have a few script errors there with server_monitor.sqf - are you running the server on the same box as your client? - reason i ask is because your showing us server rpt errors, not client.

this is the weird part..

Code:
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
"DEBUG: loadscreen guard started."
"DAYZ: CLIENT IS RUNNING DAYZ_CODE "1.7.6.1""
"PLOGIN: Initating"
"PLOGIN: Player Model Exists"
"PLOGIN: Player Ready"
"PLOGIN: Requesting Authentication... (83122310)"
"DEBUG: loadscreen guard ended with timeout."

Ok my guess is that the errors inside server_monitor.sqf are stopping the server from running correctly, and so not letting clients load in.

Could you please pastebin your server_monitor.sqf file for me to examine?

I do not think that an increased heli script and this script would work together...

it would seem that your server_monitor.sqf is erroring due to a custom building you have called 'CDF_WarfareBContructionSite' spawning at position: [293,[12253.4,12577.2,0.001]]

Can i have the line in your database that spawns in the building 'CDF_WarfareBContructionSite' as it might have an issue

those were shipping containers i tried to add that never spawned correctly.. if i delete them then the files should work?

just keep trying, the more you do the better you will become... pain in the arse but if you just get the scripts you will be helpless when it comes to dayz patches/updates and if something is causing an issue. ::shrugz:: my two cents anyhow.

just keep trying, the more you do the better you will become... pain in the arse but if you just get the scripts you will be helpless when it comes to dayz patches/updates and if something is causing an issue. ::shrugz:: my two cents anyhow.

i don't think my scripting is the problem.. the scripts i edit should work but they don't for some reason.

Back