[WIP] Ground Fog "on command"

Deathcall

Hello everyone,

Once more I come to you with a problem to which I'm sure the solution is very easy, but I simply cannot get to it.

So here's the deal:

I've been toying with the Admin Tool Panel (BluePhoenix's) and started adding some custom tabs to it in order to allow our server admins to perform some interesting actions like changing the time of the day at will, spawning in wild dogs, setting up an area for an event, etc...

My current project is to allow my admins to create ground fog at will wherever they are standing. I'm using Rockhount's fog script.

Problem is very simple, I create scripts to bring in the fog but only the admin using the option can see it. Other players don't notice anything. If the admin who brought the fog in logs out and back in, he can't see it either.

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the MP factor, but my scripting is simply not advanced enough to grasp how to fix this... I managed to make my Time Changer work using public variables and event handlers, but they have failed me on this...

So well, I'd like to know if anyone could give me a hand with this.

Let me assure you that the fog script works properly, that's not the problem here... in any case, I've got a test server that a regular is loaning us, so if anyone would like to see in the flesh what I'm talking about, please send me a PM and we can arrange a meeting.

Back