1.0.2.3 Backup and Update to 1.0.2.4

Karmafied

Hi Guys,

Real quick and easy question. I just wanted to run it by the Pros before I did anything because I need to be 100% sure about this.

My family plays on a private server that we rent, and this is my Father-in-Law's first real gaming experience. He is having an absolute blast! We have a great compound that we've built, and we want to update to 1.0.2.4, but there was talk of a database wipe.

I downloaded Heidi SQL and followed the last 60 seconds of this video:

I did everything that Matt said and have a file on my desktop, same as in the video.

On Dayz.st's (our host) recent announcements, they said that updating to 1.0.2.4 shouldn't affect the database but backup just in case.

I followed the video. I have my (assume to be) .SQL file. If I update to 1.0.2.4 and something goes wrong, will I still be able to "upload", or "import" this stuff back into the database (whether it's 1.0.2.3 or 1.0.2.4) and all will be right in the world again?

Please, any help is appreciated here. My father in law would be devastated to see that all of our work was lost. Thanks, guys!

Reactions: Fox
Okay, I did this, Cen. Now, if I update to 1.0.2.4 and it does wipe the DB, all I have to do is import that .sql file, right?

Back