1.0.4.2 epoch help

makasouleater69

I cannot seem to get this to work with 1.0.4.2. All the codes seem different and i cant find the stuff. I tried unpacking the mission.pbo in common but that came up with a error saying it couldent find the file. So i had to put it in the mpmission char 11, and that gets the mission file to get bigger. Now it doesnt let me log into the game just stuck on requesting authentication. Is there a guide to get this to work with 1.0.4.2? I have gotten dzai to work half way, i cant seem to get the helicopters to work with that one.

I cannot seem to get this to work with 1.0.4.2. All the codes seem different and i cant find the stuff. I tried unpacking the mission.pbo in common but that came up with a error saying it couldent find the file. So i had to put it in the mpmission char 11, and that gets the mission file to get bigger. Now it doesnt let me log into the game just stuck on requesting authentication. Is there a guide to get this to work with 1.0.4.2? I have gotten dzai to work half way, i cant seem to get the helicopters to work with that one.[/quote
Well I finnally got it to work. I guess there is no pbo file when you have the server on a VDS. I put it in MPmissions folder, and didnt change any of the server clean up or functions. The helis and partols spawn, i dono if the rest will work with out modfiying the server clean up.

I have SARGE working on 1.0.4.2 in NAPF with 4 side-missions and DZMS.
Can you send me your files so i can have a look at it?

I got it to work. I just skipped the part where it told me to edit, the server_function and cleanup files. Everything seems to be working, there are military, survivors, and bandits. They get into cars, they fly helicoptors and stuff.

I've been trying off and on for a month to get this working. I always got stuck on the server function and cleanup files since the code has changed and it no longer matches the install instructions. I'll try skipping that part and see if it works for me. Thanks!

I've been trying off and on for a month to get this working. I always got stuck on the server function and cleanup files since the code has changed and it no longer matches the install instructions. I'll try skipping that part and see if it works for me. Thanks!
Just skip it. I have been using it for awhile now with no problems, just skipping those parts:) If you need my mission folder let me know. I put it on drop box, and sent it to some one else and he had no problem using it.

Yep, I skipped that part of the install yesterday and it started working. I like SARGE AI because it adds a lot to the atmosphere while playing on the server. Have you found a way to tone it down some? It's like WWIII at times! LOL.

I like it alot better too. Makes one feel not so lonely if no ones in the server. It is alot more demanding though, it doesnt even work on a VDS, i had to upgrade to a fully dedicated machine. Yeah you can tone it down in a couple of ways. Easiest way is to go into the sarge.cfg i believe is the file, and change the groups chances of spawning. If you want to lower it down more, go to how many can spawn in a group below that. I think stock is like 3 4 3 which is 3 bandits 4 military 3 survivors. Turn that to like 2 2 2. You could also go into the mapcfg and change each of the spawn points to your liking. If you dont want them to fight at all, just turn the bandits to 0.

Nice! I'll take a look at the sarge.cfg file. I want the NPCs to fight because it makes the game world more realistic and not so sterile. I'm running DZMS along side it and it makes it difficult for the server players doing the missions to get things done if they are constantly harrassed. So I'll lower both the chance of a group spawning and the group size.

Thanks! :)

Back