1.8 Map Porting

Just wondering if anybody has successfully managed to port the 1.8 version of DayZ (Yes I know some people have already) but if someone is willing to say about any of the problems they faced and how they resolved them would be great as I know and so do many others it is not as easy as it was with the previous versions of DayZ since everything has now more or less been moved into dayz_code along with the new database structure replacing the old one.

Thanks

Just wondering if anybody has successfully managed to port the 1.8 version of DayZ (Yes I know some people have already) but if someone is willing to say about any of the problems they faced and how they resolved them would be great as I know and so do many others it is not as easy as it was with the previous versions of DayZ since everything has now more or less been moved into dayz_code along with the new database structure replacing the old one.

Thanks

What is porting?

REQUIREMENTS ( PBO manager (or a pbo manager of your choosing ) and for the love of god Notepad++(or if you know something even better use that one) )

go to the dayz code ..... look inside (@DayZ\Addons\dayz_code\system\mission) and take init.sqf , description.sqf and mission.sqm .... put them inside your mission folder with different names ... they can be init2 , description2 ...... name them whatever you want but keep both files... (it can be done in other ways but this is the easier one i came up with)

in the init.sqf there is something

#include "dayz_code\system\mission......" (thats the crap rocket put ...)

now you have to change it to

#include "init2.sqf" or #include "(the name you wanted for this init file).sqf"

now in the description.ext the same...

#include "description.sqf" or #include "(the name you wanted for this description file).sqf" (no need to change the name cuz it is a .sqf so no problem)

now in the mission.sqm the same...

#include "mission2.sqm" or #include "(the name you wanted for this mission file).sqm"

now when adding something you just add it to your second init..... or description ( tow , lift , load "this are examples" ) and if you are adding some vehicles to the server dont do it via mission.sqm cuz they will be deleted as soon as you get near them they will disappear ( im working on that myself cuz no one is helping or they just cant cuz they dont know "http://opendayz.net/threads/server-is-killing-me-and-deleting-my-added-vehicles.14154/" )
but you can add the buildings there just make a mission.... then save it ... and delete this

START DELETING
activateAddons [
];

activateAddons [];
initAmbientLife;

_this = createCenter west;
_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;
STOP DELETING

( REMEMBER TO DELETE THE UNIT YOU CREATED "JUST IN CASE") look for the classname inside the editor and then look it in the document and delete.

START DELETING
_unit_3 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_0 createUnit ["GER_Soldier_EP1", [7868.2642, 13679.725, 0.00015258789], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_3 = _this;
_this setDir 0.016827274;
_this setUnitRank "SERGEANT";
_this setUnitAbility 0.68000001;
if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
if (true) then {setPlayable _this;};
};
make sure you delete from the { to the }: ( just delete it but be careful with syntax errors)
STOP DELETING
REPLACE THE STARTING PART OF THE SQM WITH THIS ( full post about the overrides for the rocket restrictions ...( i love him and i hate him at the same time... ) soon )

if (isServer) then {
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS JUST POST THEM.

AT THE VERY BOTTOM AD

};

(VEHICLES CAN BE ADDED VIA DATABASE BUT I'M LAZY XD)

Back