24/7 Daytime

Sonicscream

Is it possible at the moment for the server to be set to run daytime all day? Even if it has to be restarted every 6 hours, it would be great.

I would also like a solution please!

or change the fortune because when I reboot the server it is 00:00 and even by changing the hours the machine does not work :(

I saw in the hive.ext file i think it has the start time for the server, i believe you can edit how fast the time goes in that file also,

I advice against changing it tho as i cant even get my server running yet as i keep getting errors, about keys not signed.

Look in the cfg folder you should see the hive.ext file open that and you will see the server start time i think it is set to 8 defult,

Can you post the @hive file you use now? I did edit it but my server still stays at night....

Thank you for enlightening me ! otherwise when you reboot the server with the @hive I upload the server takes a little time to start the game but after that it is good :)

Hi to set the time zone with offset you have to open your MPmissions/<map>/ init.sqf and add this line -

tzOffset=0; // in hours

as so as in pwnz last pack.

//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_hivePipe1 = "\\.\pipe\dayz"; //The named pipe
dayZ_instance = 1; //The instance
hiveInUse = true;
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;
tzOffset=0; // in hours

note: offset works 0 (Server Time) eg -6 or 6 to set time back or foward 6 hours.

This is 1.3/1.7.3 Pwnozor package

go to your cfgdayz>HiveExt.ini and look for
Code:
Line 15:  Type = Local
//and change to
Line 15:  Type = Static

//Then go down further
Line 19: ;Hour = 8
//and change to
Line 19: Hour = 8 //notice the change here is removing the semicolon and typing in the hour you want it to be (using the 24 hour clock)

The best way of going around this is to set your static time to around 8, and restart your server every 6-8-10-12 hours.

i have activate the static by deleting the ";" and then set the hour to 8 like this

;This is a comment
;Comments above a certain setting will provide it's description

;The format for a setting is
;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

;This configuration file should be placed inside your server instance's configuration directory (like cfgdayz)

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = 0
;These 2 settings only apply if using Static type (Custom date/time on every server start)
;The value (0-24) to set the Hour to, if commented or empty then the hour won't be changed
Hour = 8
;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed
Date = 7.7.2013

[Logger]
;Possible values: trace, debug, information, notice, warning, error, critical, fatal, none
;They are sorted by importance (low to high), with trace being the most verbose, and none would turn off logging
;This controls both the file output level, and the console output level
;Level = information

;Uncomment this option to override the logging level for the console only
;The specified level can only be higher than the global one, setting lower values will have no effect
;So for example, if you want to have information-level logs in your file, but only warning-level and higher in your console
;You would uncomment this option and set it to warning
;Leaving it commented out means there's no special level for the console, so it will just use the global one
;ConsoleLevel = information

;By default, the HiveExt console log output will go to the Arma2 server window, with colour highlighing by importance
;If you want to use the old style, separate windows console window for the HiveExt log output, set this option to true
SeparateConsole = true

Back