A faster login process for DayZ

Very nice so far... especially when everyone jumps on a server after a restart.
I try and get average timings tonight, when server gets more full

So we did some more testing, now there is an entire THREE whole lines of code that need to be added. After the server was up for over two hours with 48-50 people loaded, load times were still less than 2 minutes.

You should submit a pull request to bliss as well.

The best way to deploy it, is changing the publicEH.sqf, which is part of dayz_code.pbo (client-stuff). So i hope it will be out with 1.7.4 this way.

But it is a good idea to deploy it just now in the current bliss server files (server_functions.sqf), maybe it is more early running on servers this way.

So i will fork dayz-private too and add the required modifications for pulling here.

Thanks again for your patience testing this :)

Great, 1.7.4.4 is out, thanks all here for this next milestone :)

I updated my github repository (see initial post) and i hope that some admins found the time testing this changed eventhandlers on full servers.
It runs without problems on my test server. TheLaughingMan did run it on full server too, thanks.
But it should be tested much more before i request it for pull in the next community build.

There is a reworked server_cleanup.fsm too, this should run a lot smarter under load compared with the current. Running well under synthetic load conditions. Please test this too.

Thanks for testing this :rolleyes:

Hi fred41! Thanks for your work:) Now that your code is included with 17.4.4, should we go back and delete the 4 lines we added to the server_functions.sqf file, or does it matter? BTW, after this update, I am getting lightening fast load in times! It went from 5 minutes before your fix, 1-2 minutes after your fix, and 10-30 seconds currently. I have noticed that the load time AFTER the dayz logo load is almost instantaneous!:D Keep up the good work.

Hi fred41! Thanks for your work:) Now that your code is included with 17.4.4, should we go back and delete the 4 lines we added to the server_functions.sqf file, or does it matter? BTW, after this update, I am getting lightening fast load in times! It went from 5 minutes before your fix, 1-2 minutes after your fix, and 10-30 seconds currently. I have noticed that the load time AFTER the dayz logo load is almost instantaneous!:D Keep up the good work.

Hi mrjei, thanks for your friendly words :)

The 4 lines in server_functions.sqf are no longer necessary, because the changes are now on the right place, in publicEH.sqf.

Repository just now updated.

Now we have always INSTANT login, independend from load or server uptime.
See initial post for how to use instructions.

ENJOY!

Fast indeed !!! But there is something I noticed which could be a bug:

I rise out my death, i respawn at my dead body again with no gear. happend 3 times in like 1.5 hour.
EDIT 2: People complainig about spawing with broken legs. They are on the ground and cannot move. Like they are dead. I can confirm this myself. Server is running for 2 hours. 55 slots all full. Loading times -> instant. But with bugs above.

Fast indeed !!! But there is something I noticed which could be a bug:

I rise out my death, i respawn at my dead body again with no gear. happend 3 times in like 1.5 hour.
EDIT 2: People complainig about spawing with broken legs. They are on the ground and cannot move. Like they are dead. I can confirm this myself. Server is running for 2 hours. 55 slots all full. Loading times -> instant. But with bugs above.

There is a working solution now, please update see initial post.

Thanks for your report :)

Back