A few questions!

alike

I have a few questions and I hope someone can tell me step-by-step on how to do it, because I'm no computer genius when it comes to coding etc...

1: How do I take a backup of my server so that I can go back if something goes wrong on the current?

2: How do I change what map to run ?

3: How do I make it so that a crosshair is shown?

4: If I want to run my server on my notebook instead of my desktop, do I need another copy of Arma 2, or can I just use the same one?

I really appreciate any help I get answering my questions :)

Best Regards
alike

Last edited:
Hello alike, I'm not really going to go into great detail but ill show you a few things

1 - Copy the server file you made for your backup. It might take a bit.

2 - In the MPmissions folder in your server folder you will have maps in it depending on if you have them downloaded. After that in your cfgdayz folder you will see a file called server.cfg. Open it with notepad++ and scroll to the very bottom. You will probably see confusing code like

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
class DayZ
{
template = dayz_1.Chernarus;
difficulty = "Regular";
};
};

Okay now look at template = dayz_1.Chernarus. Go back to your MPmissions folder and replace dayz_1.Chernarus with the map you want, but it has to be the folder name of the map. If your wanting to play on Chernarus just leave it as is.

3 - I dont really know about cross hairs but I think you can edit it in one of the map folders

4 - As long as the notebook has the same server files as the desktop it should work fine.

Last edited:
Back